Haibike purchase or Bafang BBS01B DIY

spiderno7

1 µW
I already have an electric bike purchased of the self and I'm looking to get a full suspension bike to go off road.

At the moment it's toss up between purchasing the Haibike Fullseven 3.0 or converting a Btwin Rockrider 700s 2014 with Bafang mid drive motor.

While I appreciate the different in price, I'm sort of stuck in my mind on which one to get. As I'm sure both have the benefits, but one is purpose built, the other a DIY upgrade.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

No demo bikes available in Birmingham for Haibike, looked at many, seem great very tempted. As for a Bafang test ride??

spiderno7 said:
No demo bikes available in Birmingham for Haibike, looked at many, seem great very tempted. As for a Bafang test ride??

I would say anything below a 52v bbs02 isn't worth building diy, as the lost waterproofing, legality and reliabilty doesn't quite get compensated yet in raw power.

The Haibike looks really nice, but their hardware/software is locked down and proprietary. Hacking will be hard and if something breaks later, you won't have many options for replacement parts.

I have a haibike with a tranzx drive and motor.

Some annoying issues. The software is locked. Battery life is diminishing as it ages. No local dealers to see what's going on with the small issues.

But, it's seamless with the torque sensor. It is legal, waterproof, all around pretty good stuff. I had the same dilemna when I bought it. If you buy a used E bike, you can get it for less than the cost of your dream build.

Birmingham Alabama , or England ?

I would pick a Befang BBS02 , over , a Haibike
However
I would pick a one year old Specialized Levo over both the BBS02/Haibike
. As is the case with all used bikes , get one from someone who bought one and did not ride it much , one that sat in the garage most of the time.

Specialized has the best battery placement ( inside the down tube ) over all the others , at the present time.
The Levo's are 1-2 years ahead of other companies designs .

There is a great youtube channel done by an Englishman that has the best comparisons of E-Bikes.

Electric Mountain Bike Network

He does the best Reviews .

spiderno7 said:

I still would take the time to find a big big e-bike store and test their products period. Who knows what your favorite chocolate you like as there is white milk or dark. Come by and taste my chocolate at 43 miles an hour and 80 lb can you handle 80 lb of chocolate.
White chocolate is not really chocolate but I still like it.

Back