QS 3000w midmotor

my question are:

can the side covernear the rotor ,in an inrunner,cause some drag?

same side are for the MXUS and QS design.both are outrunner but MXUS side cover are near flat,be less efficent due the field of the stator?

There are a few "new" mid-motors on the QS website.

7 kW 180mm
10 kW 205mm
no details yet on price and availability
http://www.cnqsmotor.com/en/article_list_107.html
20190226150104_604.jpg

ctirad said:
QSMOTOR, do you plan to alternativiely equip your MID motors by SINCOS encoders instead fo halls?

Yes, for our new 180 90H 9000W mid drive motor we will use encoders instead of hall.

My Qs motor 3kW with Risunmotor controller.

[youtube]mSPW3qY7XoU[/youtube]

Yes it's an Aixam 550 Twin.

That's pretty cool :thumb: I'm guessing it's not road legal though?
Are you really just running 3Kw through that beast motor?

The display in the engine bay is quite hilarious :lol:

6,8kW on the video.
8kW max with this controller.
Controller is not mine. I made a temporary montage just to test.
A bike with a 6kW engine is illegal too.

I wasn't pointing out that it was illegal, rather curious if you would try to make it road legal.
Still, cool project mate :thumb:

I just bought myself a Fiat Uno for 50€ and after I run the engine dead I want to convert it to electric.

For a real car I think there is more risk of getting fined by the police.
In France there is no technical control on the Microcar is one of the main reason to choose.
[youtube]aMjsCtu5NF8[/youtube]

Hi

I have just purchased this motor (and the Votol EM150SP controller) to use in a 85cc dirtbike chassis.

What kind of battery would you recommend for maximum output of this motor? Power output and weight is prioritised. Run time not so much.

LiPo/Lifepo4...?
Voltage?
BMS max amp?
Link to a specific battery!?

Any help would be much appreciated.

(My very first post on this forum)

I run 200A battery current at 72V and it pulls well :D
I’d aim for this.. but spec can offcourse be lower also.

Lipo if you want this current and low weight.
300A smart bms from icgogogo at aliexpress is good. There’s a looong thread on it here at ES.
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32826820690.html

icecold said:
Hi

I have just purchased this motor (and the Votol EM150SP controller) to use in a 85cc dirtbike chassis.

What kind of battery would you recommend for maximum output of this motor? Power output and weight is prioritised. Run time not so much.

LiPo/Lifepo4...?
Voltage?
BMS max amp?
Link to a specific battery!?

Any help would be much appreciated.

(My very first post on this forum)

For this motor and controller you can use 72v 40Ah lithium battery, which can bear max 150A current.

I got my QS138 3000W motor and Votol EM150SP controller yesterday, I'm very exited to start building!

I think that I will go the LiPo way for my application since weight and size of a battery is a major factor.

The 300A BMS that larsb recommended will suite my needs, thanks for that tip larsb!

After some research I found that it seems that 6s batteries are much more common (and cheaper!?) than 5s batteries.

The original plan was to go for 20s 74V (4 5s batteries in series).

Would it be possible to go for 24s 89V instead (4 6s batteries in series)? Or would that be to push my luck a bit too much? The bike I'm building will run on small tracks and I imagine the longest full power bursts will last approximately 7-8s.

I look at batteries like this one:
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-high-capacity-battery-12000mah-6s-12c-drone-lipo-pack-xt90.html?___store=en_us

hello I can not unscrew the nut of the engine pulley. Do you have a technique? I use an impact wrench with a 24mm socket and I left the strap on the transmission to prevent it from turning. I tried several times without success. thanks for your advices

counterclockwise

If it is left hand thread you'll have to turn it clockwise to loosen it. But I don't know if it is LHT so someone who is certain should confirm (or deny).

The thread is clockwise to tighten. I tried in both directions but it does not move.

Back