Bafang BBS01 Error 30 -> Controller broken?

Deadrabbit

10 mW
Hi,

i've installed two Bafang BBS01 on my bike and the bike of my girlfriend.

On my second ride, the Display is showing the Error 30 an no assist is any more available.

I've connected the main connector from the bike of my girlfriend to my broken bike. If I do this, this display shows also the error 30.

If i connect the display of my broken bike to the other bike, everything works fine.

Therefore, i think the controller or the cabel in the controller is broken. Had anyone a similar problem? Is really the controller broken?

Thanks!

regards Maximilian

Yes, on an early BBS02 4 years ago. Did a test similar to what you did and eventually replaced the controller, which I had to purchase since it was out of warranty. That BBS02 is still in service with no further problems.

Good luck with getting it fixed. If you can get them to send you a new controller it's not too difficult to install. They may not trust your test and require that you return the old controller, but that's a lot easier to send then the whole unit.

As I was writing this I remember now that the new controller I purchased only worked a couple of weeks and it was replaced under warranty and since installation of the second controller the BBS02 has logged several thousand miles.

on good day

bbs02 barely tolerates

750w continuous

more like 600-700w

especially hot days

many programmings

full throttle or high PAS

exceed 1000w

major difference between

peak and continuous wattage

limiting average power prevents

damage to controller

Hi,

thanks a lot for your answers. I think i have to send the controller back to china...

Is there any option, to disassembly the controller? I know, the electronic is glued in, but is there a common problem known?

For example a cable from the circuit board is loosen?

BW

Maximilian

Back