Sabvoton software unlock?

Does anyone know how to/if i can unlock the sabvoton svmc96100(m) controller by myself? would really love to get 150 amps out of this thing. even if its just peak. if someone wants to help me out and get this done id be willing to pay for your time :D :D :D

Screenshot_20190705-081056.jpg

Thanks a tonne!!! il try it and report back :]

cant get the sabvoton usb driver to work... :/ it sees the usb but the driver doesn't do anything...

That USB serial cable only works one way. Just letting you know.

Why would you spend so much on a bike build but not have a cable or the knowledge to use it?

Thanks but got it all to connect and work. got the unlocked software and clicked to toggle switch (checked to make sure it stayed in the on pos.) but my current is still limited to stocl 100a

Unfortunately, the software for programming most controllers cant' read the actual controller values. So what you see on the screen is usualy just whatever you set it to, not what the controlelr actually accepted.

It's also possible for manufacturers to program the controller in a way that they cannot be altered after that by the user (or even the manufacturer).

I'd guess that's what you have there--a non-programmable version of their controller.

But to be sure you're going to have to contact Sabvoton (I think they call themselves MQCON now).

amberwolf said:
Unfortunately, the software for programming most controllers cant' read the actual controller values. So what you see on the screen is usualy just whatever you set it to, not what the controlelr actually accepted.

That's not the case on Sabvoton controllers. The software reads the actual values set up in its firmware and displays them when you connect to it.

amberwolf said:
It's also possible for manufacturers to program the controller in a way that they cannot be altered after that by the user (or even the manufacturer).

I'd guess that's what you have there--a non-programmable version of their controller.

Here again, it's not the case on Sabvotons. They are fully programmable, there is no password or locking mechanism for programming it.
But there are actual limits on whatever values you can imput, which is what the unlocking software is supposed to remove.
I never tried this software, my controller arrived already unlocked from the factory so I can't really help on this matter.

@OP you might want to contact josephm15234 directly, he's the one who posted about this unlocking software so he probably knows very well how to use it. Maybe you didn't follow the procedure correctly. Also, did you enable the parameter save in the debug tab?

Also, if you could post a screenshot of each tab it could help to troubleshoot. You don't necessarily need to rise the battery current to get better performance, in most case you can tweak the phase currents and get similar results (up to a point).

Yeah i talked to him, we couldn't figure it out. :/ it changes the number anf i can hit okay. but as soon as i change screens and return it goes back to the stock 100a. i can click parameter store in the "set" box but not the main MQCON window, the "debug" beside "set" and "help" is greyed out

For anyone looking i just found out you can half bypass the phase sensors and trick it into putting out more power. leave the wire in it but solder on an extra wire roughly the same size and go around (not through) the sensor and itll put out twice the power, all your setrings still work but you need to keep in mind its really putting out double of what it says on the app :} Thanks to everyone that tried to help though

Would it have I have to put it across all 3 phases then I'm guessing

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

BionicBlitz said:
For anyone looking i just found out you can half bypass the phase sensors and trick it into putting out more power. leave the wire in it but solder on an extra wire roughly the same size and go around (not through) the sensor and itll put out twice the power, all your setrings still work but you need to keep in mind its really putting out double of what it says on the app :} Thanks to everyone that tried to help though

Hey man, I'm having trouble with my Sab 72200 controller as well, not allowing me to change any values in the MQcon app. Were you ever able to figure this out?

BionicBlitz said:

Hey man, I'm having trouble with my Sab 72200 controller as well, not allowing me to change any values in the MQcon app. Were you ever able to figure this out?

Back