XunLiDa Brain Power's pedal sensor.

bram

1 mW
So my e-Wind (manufacturer out of business) bicycle started acting up, not battery related.

Hence, I bought a XunLiDa Brain Power controller + LCD as a replacement part.
It looks like this:

61zuDcqwIiL._SL1001_.jpg

Note it is similar to another one discussed on this forum https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=96736, but different. For starters, it comes with a tiny potentiometer.

The original bike came with a slightly different controller (DAPU) where the connectors to motor+HAL was the same, but all other connectors are different.

I re-soldered the THROTTLE connection, hooked up POWER, the MOTOR and HALL. I can now spin up the wheel with the throttle using the new controller. Hooray! The basics work! Thankfully these all had the same colour-coding.

But next up, I need to re-connect brakes and pedal sensor. The brakes seem easy: two wires on both original and new controller.

But the pedal sensor is completely different! It does not even have the same number of wires!

The original controller, and eBike use: red/purple/orange/black (see picture below.)

The new XLD controller uses: blue/red/black.

How many wires would normally come off a pedal sensor? And what would their functions be? Why does the old controller use 4, and the new one just 3? Hopefully they are compatible? If not, should I buy a new pedal sensor?

D_c_QV1VUAINivS.jpg

UPDATE: OOPS, it is in the wrong category, it should have been a e-Bike post. Can someone move this for me?

Ok so you have dual hall PAS sensor in your bike but your controller is compatible with only single hall PAS sensor. In this case you can connect.

Red ------- Red
Black ------- Black
Blue ------- Purple

Sent from my COR-AL00 using Tapatalk

Thanks Hackey,

I will try that. It is good to know I can keep the existing sensor. I thought the HALL sensors were in the motor? I guess there are two in my sensor too then?

Hackey said:
Red ------- Red
Black ------- Black
Blue ------- Purple

Thanks, I tried that, but unfortunately, it did not work.

No assist when pedaling, either FW or BWD.

But the engine does kick in for 1sec or so if I peddle, and then stop peddling altogether.

So only assist when I don't peddle, and only for 1 sec or so.

Back