bldc controller wirirng

ctowse

1 µW
Hello all, this is my first post. I need help with a cheap BLDC controller. The only info on it is BEST PARTS motor speed controller power 1500 watts
voltage 48 - 72v
current limiting 42A
Under limiting 41v
I thought when ordering it on ebay that there would be a switch of sorts for different voltages. my system is 48v so I don't need to worry about that until I buy more batteries.
My problem is the nomenclature of some of the connections make no sense to me.Here's my list. If anyone can help I'd sure appreciate it
1.instrument plug w/ just one wire
2.alarm signal w/ 3 wires
3.self learning plug w/ 1 wire
4.high level plug w/ 1 wire
5.low level plug w/1 wire
6.3 speed plug w/ 3 wires
7. reversing plug w/ 2 wires
8.security power supply w/ 2wires
9.switch plug w/ 1 wire

the other 13 I understand. When ordering this one customer said it worked well for him after figuring the wiring which he did with the help of endless sphere
thanks

ctowse said:
voltage 48 - 72v
If there's no display (LCD) with buttons to change settings, then most likely it either attempts to autodetect the pack voltage on each powerup (so make sure its fully charged), or it only has a low voltage cutoff (LVC) for the lowest voltage pack (more likely).

Keep in mind that without an actual known-good wiring diagram from the manufacturer, any or all of the below educated guesses could blow up your controller, battery, bike, house, or the planet. The sun will probably be ok since it's so far away. ;)

1.instrument plug w/ just one wire
Probably goes to a speedometer on a scooter--last one I saw was raw phase voltage that blows up stuff not meant for that. Leave unconnected.

2.alarm signal w/ 3 wires
Also probalby for a scooter. Leave unconnected.

3.self learning plug w/ 1 wire

This is usually two wires you plug into each other once after wiring up the motor, so it can learn whcih hall and phase wires to read in which order. (one wire with a connector between them)

4.high level plug w/ 1 wire
5.low level plug w/1 wire
THose are probably for "ebrake" levers. Leave unconnected if you don't use ebrake switch levers. If you do, then probably you'll use #5 on one of the lever wires, and ground on the other. Scooters may use the other way to use the switch for a brake light too.

6.3 speed plug w/ 3 wires
Usually you leave unconnected for max speed. Connect a pair of them for lower speed. Connect the other pair for even lower speed. Which pair you'd have to experiment with.

7. reversing plug w/ 2 wires
Connect to spin the motor backwards. Handy if you have a trike to back up.

8.security power supply w/ 2wires
Probably for a scooter setup, probably leave unconnected.

9.switch plug w/ 1 wire
Probably this is the keyswitch or ignition wire, is probably orange or red, and that gets connected to battery positive to turn on the controller.

When ordering this one customer said it worked well for him after figuring the wiring which he did with the help of endless sphere
Why not get the link from him to the thread that he used, so you can use the same wiring. ;)

Thanks for the advise. My controller is working well now. I would have used info from the person who said they got there info here, but I don't have his name

6.3 speed plug w/ 3 wires=
no wires= 100% speed, middle jumped to light colored wire=80% speed, middle jumped to the other wire 110% speed.
Just boosted mine earlier today!

Back