ASI bac2000 and bacdoor 1.5.4

funnels

100 µW
Hi all, can anyone confirm if the new ASI BAC2000 controllers still work with bac door 1.5.4? I would like to buy the new orange and blue version controller to replace my old green and black version but need to know if I will be able to program it still.

Thanks Amberwolf, I'm pretty sure ASI wouldn't answer that question as i'm planning on buying a couple of BAC2000s from a vendor, obviously because its much cheaper than direct from ASI. I've tried contacting ASI previously and never get any replies.

The vendor said that he supplies the controller only, no software, no access to Bluetooth app etc. I'm just wondering how your meant to set up your bike and get the controller running if you cant use software? I have bacdoor 1.5.4 from my older green/black BAC2000 that i'm currently running, so I was just hoping someone out there might be able to confirm if 1.5.4 still works with the new orange/blue controllers.

I've tried asking the question a few times to the vendor and get no response at all.

Anybody using bacdoor 1.5.4 with new style controllers?

funnels said:
Thanks Amberwolf, I'm pretty sure ASI wouldn't answer that question as i'm planning on buying a couple of BAC2000s from a vendor, obviously because its much cheaper than direct from ASI.
Well, AFAICR ASI licenses their software per-user, so they're probably the only place you can get it. I don't know if the licenses are sold separate or only come with the hardware bought from them, they would ahve ot answer that. I'd recommend finding that out before you buy the hardware, so you can get what you need to do what you want.

I don't recall which vendor (that's been discussed here on ES) sells the ASI stuff but only "lets you use his license", which means that you don't actually have access to the app/etc yourself, if anything changes all of his customers are left in the lurch.

I've tried contacting ASI previously and never get any replies.
Is it possible your email has a spam or junk folder their messages are being routed to? (some providers also filter certain types of mail or certain domains before it even gets to you at all, so you don't even see them marked as spam or junk...the same can also happen at their end).

What about calling them?
Contact Us

Phone: (519) 342-2507

I have bacdoor 1.5.4 from my older green/black BAC2000 that i'm currently running, so I was just hoping someone out there might be able to confirm if 1.5.4 still works with the new orange/blue controllers.
Hopefully someone can still chime in on that. :)

Just buy an evaluation kit from ASI and you get access to their support site with downloads including new version of bacdoor. Or maybe someone on here can send it to you. The software just runs and installs nothing special.

I would be happy to have the latest BacDoor software version installed on my PC.
Help with this one would be highly appreciated. Thanks

I've tried a very old version of bacdoor from when Grin first introduced their phase runner and it worked fine with the new bac4000. I asked asi if the new software was ok on old controllers and that too they said was ok, but some objects in the dictionary will be different. No settings went horribly wrong though.

As flat tire said, the pc version doesn't require any logins or licence. The phone app needs a login though.

Thanks district9prawn, thats handy to know. Im sure that will be helpful for others reading this. I ended up ordering Nucular controllers as it was impossible to deal with ERT, and that was trying to buy a couple of controllers from him. I can only imagine how hard/impossible it would be to get any support/warranty out of that business.

Back