All dressed up and no go (Qulbix 76R no worky)

sailah

1 W
After a long hiatus with my nemesis, I have finally gotten back to work on it.

A year ago I was test riding it, literally 5 mins after finishing. In my haste to ride, I neglected to tighten the drop outs and the QS205 wheel went flying past me (literally, ripped all wires from controller and went flying past me)

I rebuilt the battery pack and it's all together. Yesterday I went to fire it up and with a slight twist of throttle I could feel the motor turn. Perfect, head outside and nothing. Not a click, grumble or any indication it was working.

84V battery (Samsung 25R), charged up to 83.6V and working great
15kW PowerVelocity Bluetooth controller. I got this a year ago. Swapped blue/green phase and hall wires at Vad's direction.
QS205 hub motor. Worked great last year until it went past me. Have not tried it until yesterday.

Here's what I have tested:

84V at controller lugs
Throttle tested fine probing red/black green/black
Controller is communicating with BT on my phone so it must be on as well as powering throttle
Tested phase wires to ground, nothing
Phase wires together=high resistance

I have not tested the hall sensors yet.

My basic question is can I somehow test the phase wires for some type of controller output? I have various Fluke DMMs and an Agilent scope (although I barely know how to turn it on).

It feels like the wheel should make some type of noise but wondering whether or not I damaged it last year. Testing whether or not controller is working correct would narrow down the problem.

Screenshot_20190827-142907.jpg

Capture.PNG

One more test:

I checked BLACK-RED in main hall wire harness and got 4.25V

BLACK to BLUE GREEN YELLOW phase wires all produced 0-5V when rotating wheel backwards.

I checked spare hall wire harness and got 4.38V BLACK-RED

Ground to SPARE halls all produced ~5V steady while wheel was rotated or barely any voltage.

I also felt the jerkiness of when 2 phase wires are touching, I had not noticed this before.

I suspect I need to open up the motor and see if there is something wrong unless anyone has a better idea.

Well this bike has beaten me for the last time.

In my attempt to disassemble the motor I managed to crack one of the side covers.

Subsequently swinging it over my head and smashing it on the ground also probably did not help. :evil:

I'm pushing this entire nightmare back in the barn and just riding my e-longboard.

Back