120v mower and battery

I just purchased the RedBack brand electric mower. It operates at 120v, comes with a 3A battery.
I searched everywhere for a 30s bms and not to be found.
Very affordable at $219 and comes with a trimmer and extra 2A battery.
I can't wait to receive this sometimes this coming week. Already I want to build an extra batter so it can run for hours if needed.

Attachments

• 120vMowerTrimmer.jpg
    120vMowerTrimmer.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 1,033
  • 120vMower.jpg
    120vMower.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 1,033
  • 120v.jpg
    120v.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 1,033
Admin can put wherever he feels this post belongs. Either here or battery tech section.
I was going to tear up the motor to see what it’s made of as well. But anywho, Dorian pushed the delivery back a week and I just got it yesterday. I took apart the batteries. They are genuine Samsung cells. On the 2A pack has the green Samsung Inr18750 and on the 3A pack has the pink INR18650.
They are both 30s and from the looks of it, the BMS limit charging to 4.0V/cell. At full charge it reads 120v.
Here’s some pics of the batteries.
I will tear down the motor sometimes later after using it for a bit.

Attachments

• 120V.jpg
    120V.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 937
  • 2Abattery.jpg
    2Abattery.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 937
  • 30sBMS.jpg
    30sBMS.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 937
  • 3Abattery.jpg
    3Abattery.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 937
  • 30Sbms3A.jpg
    30Sbms3A.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 937
I'm wondering if the point of this product is to rationalise their battery- and mains-powered tools so they are more or less the same apart from the cord entry/battery holder and possibly the switch. Because a 120V battery tool doesn't make much sense otherwise (apart from maybe as marketing wank).

Wow !
"Very affordable at $219 and comes with a trimmer and extra 2A battery."
Again , WOW !!! :shock:
May I ask where you got it ?????
And I was proud of my garbage bin found-
1/2 HP 24V DC mower I parted out last spring. :oops:

Thanks for sharing

quick search for the phrase "RedBack brand electric mower" finds some shopping links
https://www.google.com/search?q=RedBack+brand+electric+mower&tbm=shop

johnnyfoos said:
Wow !
"Very affordable at $219 and comes with a trimmer and extra 2A battery."
Again , WOW !!! :shock:
May I ask where you got it ?????
And I was proud of my garbage bin found-
1/2 HP 24V DC mower I parted out last spring. :oops:

Thanks for sharing

Pick it up on EBay. They have better deals on combos. There’s a set of chainsaw, blower, and branch trimmer for $269shipped, each tool,has it’s own battery/charger!

Punx0r said:
I'm wondering if the point of this product is to rationalise their battery- and mains-powered tools so they are more or less the same apart from the cord entry/battery holder and possibly the switch. Because a 120V battery tool doesn't make much sense otherwise (apart from maybe as marketing wank).

I had the same thought when I was debating on whether or not to get it. Maybe they just convert all the corded tools to cordless for cheaper parts since it’s phasing out.
But after I owning it for a few days and cut through my yard, I gotta say I do love it! When in thick grass, it automatically amp up to a higher setting ( auto low/high )
The trimmer is strong too, as powerful as my gas trimmer if not more and half the weight.

I saw a review on all the batteries products on YouTube and Redback ranked pretty low, mainly battery get used up fast ~ 25min, but for the low priced its ranked top on my list. So far, this beats buying a used Kobalt 40v or any other mowers.

Back