Tuning hub motor from 25km/h > 32 km/h

Newboy

1 mW
Hi,

I wanted to get this 36V 11.4Ah 250W -20mph-32km/h beautiful and cheap bike at walmart Unfortunately they don't ship to Europe (or any other seller)

So now I am considering this hipster thing bike with 36V 15Ah 250W hub motor.
It's limited to 25km/h and would like to go 30-32km/h. I know mid motor bafangs are programmable but how do you change the speed limit of such a bike? I have read tuning a hub motor is not possible??

It has an KT-LCD3 I think. Would that work via the P en C menu?

hub motors with dumb controllers can simply be replaced with universal controllers that dont care about pedal assist so you can just mount a throttle if you really wanted to. that is the main advantage between hub and mid motor. then you can go as fast as you can go until you melt the motor. or even more fun: make it a dual motor by replacing the front rim with a front hub as well. might need to upgrade the battery for that tho.
i know one guy near me that has done it and he blows past me at 70kph or more.

That's interesting. I just want to add a bit of extra speed.
Any chance you can point me towards the right direction with that universal controller?

I wouldn't know where to locate it on that populo bike. And what to replace it with. I've seen a wide range of universal controllers with different specs.

Thank you for helping me out man!

I have a populo v3 the battery was stolen with the controller .. i have to replace it now anyone know where I can get a controller to match everything?

Back