VESC - Can You Share Ground and Voltage Pins

Howiep

1 mW
Hi guys,

I’ve got a simple question that’s proved difficult to find a solid answer to. Hopefully someone can quickly steer me in the right direction.

I’m using a Flipsky VESC to power a roller drive MTB build. Using ADC1 for throttle is working fine, but I want to get ADC2 working as a regen brake. So far it’s been behaving strangely and shutting down with both connected, and braking effect is notchy and minimal. Currently ADC1&2 are sharing the 3.3 and Ground pins on the sensor port. I’m using “Current No Reverse Brake ADC2” setting.

Recently I bought a Flipsky UART Bluetooth module, and noticed they suggest pinching 3.3v and Gnd from other ports - so not to share any connections with ADC1?
296732A2-C777-49CD-83B3-AA76C6202F34.jpeg

So i wonder - is splicing both ADCs onto common 3.3v and Gnd a no no? or is this method fine, and I should look for bugs elsewhere such as my VESC settings, connections, etc?

Thanks in advance for any wisdom.

Thanks, good to know.

I realised I made an error in my original post - I'm trying to run everything on the Comm port (also known as UART), not the sensor port.

So your ADC1, ADC2 and bluetooth are all connected to comm port, sharing 3.3v and gnd? If so it's good to know it can work.

There seems to be very little noise - no "floating ground" issues. I'm using these nifty little sensors that supply an analouge voltage signal like an e-bike throttle, and have no issues running just ADC1 as throttle - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32830267123.html?s=p

Back