Kelly Controller & Outrunner trouble (Help!)

E-Zero

100 mW
Hello guys, I post here in order to find a bit of light.

Here are the elements;

1x 120100 28 poles sensored outrunner 80Kv
1x 52V battery
1x Kelly Controller KLS7245N

I setup the 3 of them, run the hall/phase initial test satisfactory.
I run the motor and it starts to clunk and make hickups.
I change the forward speed setting to 50% and the motor works fine (but slow only at 2000rpms)
I have tried a lot of hall/phase combinations and still the same.
A lot of changes in the settings too and same issue, works fine at 50% but above that setting it gets the hickups.

Does anyone know what may be happening?
Is there any solution or I should be looking for another controller in order to run the motor? (not the preferred solution)
Anybody here experienced the same issues?

Any help will be welcome.
Thanks in advance masters!

Use a KBS controller.

This is also an issue with the denzel 3000 and 4500 and some other motors.
Trapezoidal controllers work fine but sinewave is an issue because the because of the terrible EMF waveform of the motor.

Nope, it's hopeless.
Believe me I tried, I even ended up using a sensorless controller in the end because the halls were acting up.

Wait, you are running the motor without Halls at 50%? How...
...well there is your problem.

There is no proper sensorless Kelly controller out there.
You always need Hall sensors with Kelly controllers, you can always install some.

mine is not ebike. i need 60-90 second duty cycle to spin up gyroplane rotor. flier 22s 100 amp controller with 80v cobalt battery runs rv100 motor but only at idle speed. haven't been able to run software thru ubs port. searching forums for help.

sorry, i should have been more clear. can you help find kbs controller or for that matter, any simple controller. 80v 2000w with throttle is all that is needed. thanks

https://kellycontroller.com/controllers/brushless/
Pretty much any controller that isn't sine wave.
https://evfittinggreentime.aliexpress.com/store/313864?spm=a2g0o.detail.1000002.2.4eb847a6STYnfk

Back