Abyxx280, DIY Sensorless FOC ACIM motor controller.

jlcortex

10 mW
Hi,
I have been working all the Christmas holidays on this project. Probably too much ambitious project but I would like to do something important.

It is maintly focus to rewinded induction motors, I help to test a rewinded 5.5kw induction motor, we get 32kw mechanical power on a brake dynamometer. So why not do the same with a 30kw motor?

The controller is based on industrial IGBTs, Capacitors, isolated drivers... and InstaSPIN. In my experience InstaSPIN works fat better than other FOC controllers.

Attachments

• Abyxx280.JPG
    Abyxx280.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 737
  • Abyxx280_1.JPG
    Abyxx280_1.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 737
  • Abyxx280_2.JPG
    Abyxx280_2.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 737
Testing a 7.5kw motor with Sensorless FOC and a power supply of 32V!

[youtube]7JtActRfVlo[/youtube]

Attachments

• 2019-12-23.jpg
    2019-12-23.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 735
Nice, good to see one more high power diy controller.
Can you tell more about the components? And which software do you use?

Peters, At the moment I bought 6 IGBTs on EBAY, "Semikron SKM400GB126D IGBT Modul 1200V 470A", they are used, and have cost € 38 each. The capacitors are not selected, but I have seen that now the film DC-link capacitors are very popular and afordable.

About software, i am thinking to use InstaSPIN, it is a the motor control platform of TI. TI do not give you all the code, some of this code is binary and comes in ROM with the microcontrollers, but in my experience (with small permanent magnet motors) it is far better than other solutions in performance, i meaning than sensorless observer algorithm works far better. So in my opinion you can build the state of the art of ACIM controllers, FOC control in sensorless, field weakening...

Back