Phaserunner and Motor question.

R6bbie

100 mW
I just got a phaserunner and would like to use it with my rear motor 1000w (I think its 450rpm) set up/I have no idea about the setup on the Phaserunner as far as what to input for the pole values, or any of the settings. I did not buy the rear motor from grin and no matter how how I look I can't find the values to input...

any suggestions? thank you so much for any help!

R6bbie said:
I just got a phaserunner and would like to use it with my rear motor 1000w (I think its 450rpm) set up/I have no idea about the setup on the Phaserunner as far as what to input for the pole values, or any of the settings. I did not buy the rear motor from grin and no matter how how I look I can't find the values to input...
I'd just try connecting the phase wiring in a random way and try to run it sensorless. The Phaserunner has an "autotune" feature that's good for this. Make a guess at Kv (do the math to figure out a reasonable speed and assume 36 or 48 volts) and guess at # of poles (say, 20) then just try it. It's hard to damage the Phaserunner that way. Make sure the wheel is free to spin when you try autotune.

If you want to use Hall sensors it's a lot more complicated since there are a lot of ways to connect them wrong. There's a way to match Hall inputs to phases, but from the tone of your questions that might be beyond your skillset.

billvon said:
R6bbie said:
I'd just try connecting the phase wiring in a random way and try to run it sensorless. The Phaserunner has an "autotune" feature that's good for this. Make a guess at Kv (do the math to figure out a reasonable speed and assume 36 or 48 volts) and guess at # of poles (say, 20) then just try it. It's hard to damage the Phaserunner that way. Make sure the wheel is free to spin when you try autotune.

If you want to use Hall sensors it's a lot more complicated since there are a lot of ways to connect them wrong. There's a way to match Hall inputs to phases, but from the tone of your questions that might be beyond your skillset.

Thanks Bill,

I have a 48v 1000w wheel and I believe the RPMs are 450. My battery is 52v
What would be a good guess on on the Kv?

Thanks for your time!

R6bbie said:
I have a 48v 1000w wheel and I believe the RPMs are 450. My battery is 52v
What would be a good guess on on the Kv?
1Kv = 1 RPM at 1 volt.

450 RPM at 52V= 8.6Kv, so try that.

Back