What lighting current from the KT controller?

miki

100 µW
My driver KT36/48V 12A (max. 25A) Sinus has an output for lighting. This feature can be enabled on the KT-LCD3 display. I wonder what current can be taken from the controller so as not to burn the elements. How strong the lamp can I connect directly to these wires? I use a 48V battery.

The 2 kuteng controllers I opened so far had a small separate pcb for the lighting. I assume they output battery voltage if you turn on the light. The switching fet is not so big. There are 2 signals coming from the microcontroller and going to that lighting pcb.
It's a small pcb with not 2 many components, so you might be able to follow the battery path and figure out what components the current passes trough.

Ok thank you for this info. I prefer not to mix inside the new controller for now, I thought there was some catalog note, some manual, in which these data are officially given. But I see, nothing is officially given in China. Recently in the PAS wiring harness, the ground (Gnd) was led with a YELLOW wire!

It is 100mA max, so 48v battery, 4.8W max. I use it only to power relay. And when using relay then you can use proper powers to lights.

Nixunen said:
It is 100mA max, so 48v battery, 4.8W max. I use it only to power relay. And when using relay then you can use proper powers to lights.

Thank you very much, i.e. poor lighting on 20mA diodes or control of some MOSFET (I don't like relays). Such information should be available in the user's manual. But this controller dont have manual.

miki said:
Nixunen said:

Thank you very much, i.e. poor lighting on 20mA diodes or control of some MOSFET (I don't like relays). Such information should be available in the user's manual. But this controller dont have manual.

I bought my KT controllers there https://bmsbattery.com/home/1018-s12sh-800watts-40amps-torque-simulation-sine-wave-controller-with-light-output.html and there was that mention. 7. Light Output current: <100ma, Light Output Voltage = battery pack voltage

but yeah there is no mention inside manual etc.

Nixunen said:
miki said:
Nixunen said:

I bought my KT controllers there https://bmsbattery.com/home/1018-s12sh-800watts-40amps-torque-simulation-sine-wave-controller-with-light-output.html and there was that mention. 7. Light Output current: <100ma, Light Output Voltage = battery pack voltage

but yeah there is no mention inside manual etc.

Thank you so much for your reply. Indeed, here is concret information on this subject. It is a pity that there is no complete documentation. There are many unknowns in this controller, including problems with commonly encountered PAS sensors. It would be good to read the manufacturer's requirements in the user manual.

Back