Polaris Ranger EV Sevcon help

Inwo

10 kW
I have DLD and DCF from a Polaris Ranger to share if someone can help me get reverse to work. My Sevcon tech struck out last night.
It should have been plug and play, transplanting the oem controller to a R&T 4wd vehicle, but it won't run in reverse.
S6 48v Gen4 Sevcon controller running an 8kw induction motor.
Driver pipeline shows everything is fine. Switches to drive with fs1. Throttle voltage climbs with pedal.
Throttle "value" remains unchanged at "0", when in reverse.
Value swings from 0 to 1 with pedal, and wheels turn in forward.
No errors. It seems that it is waiting for some condition to be met before allowing reverse. No idea what that might be. Reverse beeper?
All mapped io is accounted for.
Any ideas?

Solution for now is using oem Polaris dual throttle. Works perfectly F&R.
Why, I have no idea.
To use my existing single pot, I used a divide by 2, sending 1/2 voltage to second throttle input.
.25v-5v to p23
.12v -2.5v to p22
Defeats the purpose, but runs.

Overall a huge success.
A Polaris powered R&T Hunter 4wd. Now with 3 drive modes.
High, low, and eco.
Eco being 60% torque
Low 100% heavy regen
High 100% and 9500 rpm limit.

If the dual throttle works by having one of them go to zero while hte ohter goes to full (safety precaution against throttle/wiring faults causing undesired operation), maybe the reverse function requires the opposing condition, while for whatever reason, forward does not.

If that's the case, you could use an op-amp to take the voltage from the single throttle, and invert it to feed to the other input.

If it turns out the other input requires a greater range (say, 5v-0v vs hall sensor ranges or whatever your throttle outputs), you can easily scale the output with the op-amp, and can even offset it with a second op-amp if necessary.

Tnx for the reply,

No, both throttle pots swing positive.
What I'm looking for is information to reprogram controller to accept single pot and fs1.

Back