QSMotor 212 35h

I wanted to get opinions on this motor. It's a new motor from QSMOTOR and appears to be a 212mm diameter motor, 35mm wide. Steel core. Per QSMotor this motor is replacing the 205 35h.

#Aliexpress US $114.00 | QS Motor 1200W 212 35H V1.12 electric bike spoke hub Motor/bicycle spoke motor/Low power electric bike

https://a.aliexpress.com/_dTOWsMP

I'm inquiring if it has .35mm thin laminations. I did ask how many poles and the answer was 26.

It apparently fits 135mm drop-outs, and has 25mm threads for up to a 3 gear freewheel.

Single Hall and no temp sensor.

The reason I was interested in this motor was because of the 9C RH212 from Grin. The larger 212mm diameter supposedly gives better torque. The RH212 seems to be a very good motor on the simulator.

I figured if the QSMotor is using the same 212mm configuration but with a 35mm stator, it could be motor with decent performance.

The 35mm stator puts it into being similar to a leaf 1500w but coupled with the larger diameter and additional poles.

Bump, anyone try this motor?

Yes I have used that motor model for several applications. As most of QS motors is tough as nails.
It is designed for high weight bikes/trikes. It is a true 1200W continuous power motor.
You will get around 45 Km/h with a 24" wheel and 48V.

It is a pity that it does not come with double hall sensors installation and temperature sensor, but as well the price is reasonable.

_GonZo_ said:
Yes I have used that motor model for several applications. As most of QS motors is tough as nails.
It is designed for high weight bikes/trikes. It is a true 1200W continuous power motor.
You will get around 45 Km/h with a 24" wheel and 48V.

It is a pity that it does not come with double hall sensors installation and temperature sensor, but as well the price is reasonable.

Thanks for the feedback. Are you using a multispeed freewheel and what size are your frame dropouts?

I have used many different models of QS motors without any trouble so far.
They usually have different windings to choose and different dropouts sizes. Just choose the one that better fits your needs.
The one in the link is 140mm dropouts.

About bicycle gears I recommend you the following:
If you are using a torque sensor for controlling the motor power and speed then you can use 6 to 9 speeds.
If you are using pedelec or throttle then with 2 or 3 speeds is more than enough. If you install a 6+ speed cassette, you will find that all middle speeds are useless.

Back