Thoughts on Meiden motor?

TPNxl

1 µW
Hi guys, I was looking for an motor for my electric supercharger application and came across this:
https://www.secondlife-evbatteries.com/meiden-ev-motor-60kw-14000rpm-electric-project-emrax-replacement.html

Apparently it does 60kW and 14000 rpm (likely not at the same time though) while also weighing 27kg. The power meets my requirements and the high RPM eliminates additional gearing from the motor to the supercharger. It's refurbished, but at roughly $500 including shipping from the UK to the US, it seems like a steal.

What do you guys think of this? Has anybody bought one of these before for their project? Also, if there are better motors available for my application please let me know.
- 45kW peak for at least 1 minute or more
- 72-400V (any voltage in between)
- Permanent magnet
- 30kg or less
- Not more than 300mm diameter

I think it depends on the required speed and torque. Motenergy may have enough power in a more compact and lighter package. It looks like this one has sin/cos encoder and if the voltage specs are compatible, you should be able to drive both motors with a Sevcon Gen4 Size6. I had no idea a supercharger can eat that much power :shock:

Back