Sparta Ion after adding halls running rough.

Henrich

1 µW
Hi guys. I have a problem with my motor, it was sensorless one but i needed one cheap and fast so i bought one online and took it upon myself to add halls.
After searching ive found person who modded similar unit, ive did the same thinking it will work but there a catch, after adding halls(motor still runs withot them) and after searching for correct wire combo ive found few working almost fine but it feels like one of the halls is in the wrong place? It runs little rough and wibrates at lower speeds.
@Edit
No halls connected to controller, motor sucks 0,76 amp, with halls connected in somewhat good combo draws 1,78amp and the better combination draws 1,45amp and its still rattling with throttle on lower speed on no load.
Sparta Ion front hub motor 20 magnets with 24 coils.
Halls added -
SS41 HONEYWELL hall sensors added in 120 degree phase angle? in star configuration all facing the magnets. Ive tested them with leds and all light one after the other(search on youtube adding halls to alternator and at the end of few vids you can see testing with leds)
Controller is a cheap ebay one 26v 250 still works fine tested on my similar motor to my previous broken one.
I need help determining if i added halls in correct places with correct orientation? meybe middle one needs to be turned around to get 60 degree angle?
Need help :) Thanks.
@Edit 2
I've turned around one of the halls and controller didnt see hall connected at all, ive tried 2 different controllers and i did the led test all leds blink one after the other with 2 staing up at a time but one always ligh up alone so i think something is wrong.

Attachments

• IMAG0351.jpg
    IMAG0351.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 402
  • IMAG0352.jpg
    IMAG0352.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 402
Hi and thank you for your input, ive placed halls at the edge of the stack and led test shows that they work properly ofc ive tested them in motor assembled not in the air moving random magnet over them, today i will move all three halls over one stack.
@edit
moved all halls one stack over i didnt glue them right at the edge of a stack have no time for this and money to burn buying hall sensors i simply pushed them between coils closest to magnets i could get and amp draw got lower to 1,17amp but motor jerks at lower speed and still wibrates until full throttle all tested with no load. And i think that moving them was the correct answer but i need to make new slots for sensors between stack and glue them there for better results i think.
@edit 2
is it possible that i moved sensors not in the right way one stack over? after moving it over it still vibrates on lower rpm but draw is lower to 1,17amp? is it possible that mowing it one stack over left or right advances my timing or retards it? of course turning the wheel olny in one direction mowing forward?

Did some tests and it seems that moving them over to the left one stack is correct choice, motor runs almost like without sensors, but with little less wibrations. No speed increase or more torque witch is weird.

Back