Phaserunner and Aikema AKM-100SX Frontmotor

marci

10 mW
Dear friends,

I've been trying for days to get my Phaserunner / Baserunner to run with an Geared Front HUB Aikema AKM-100SX, but it didnt run smooth. Now I'am
think, there are some parameters wrong, the autotune function doesnt help. Now I have no glue anymore :-(

Here are some technicals specs of my AKM 100SX Front HUB Motor:
https://www.aikema.com.cn/en/product/aikema-100SX-front-hub-motor-ebike-conversion-kit.html

- Gear Ratio 1:12.6 (perhaps also Gear Ratio 1:11,2 (not shure, difference between Rear and front motor :-()
- 8 Poles
- ca. 240RPM / 36V (maybe a little bit faster)

maybe someone has already used an AKM / Cute100 / Q100SX Hub Motor with similar specifications on a Phaserunner / Baserunner ASI BAC Controller?

To minimize Problems, i set Phaserunner Suite parameters to Hall Sensor only. With Parameters in screenshot the 100SX runs, but not from scratch, i must turn the wheel a little bit and at the beginning i have some rattle vibrations on my fork.

best greetings,
marc

Attachments

• Phaserunner Suite 1_4_0_ AKM-100SX V0.1.png
    Phaserunner Suite 1_4_0_ AKM-100SX V0.1.png
    39.4 KB · Views: 889
HrKlev said:
I only have a 75sx, but maybe the feedback bandwith tuning section is relevant. I did play with it for a while to get it to work as I wanted.

Thank you, so I will have a try tommorow :) Did you use the autotune function for your setup and how to U determine the correct poles for your sx75?

Btw: the SX75 is very small and you use it with high current, arend‘t you afraid of? (Your gears?)

I opened the motor and counted 10 magnets, so 5 pairs, and I think I found the gear ratio online somewhere to get the total pole pair count. After I ran the autotune for rpm/v, I ran the motor and confirmes that the rpm was correct. My motor is mounted as a mid drive, so its sitting at high rpm all the time, and it is also filled with ATF for cooling. I have a thermistor installed that dials back the power if it raises above 90C, so it is running fine (so far) :D The phase current is as low as I can adjust it with the phaserunner. It gets hot if I run it at constant power above ~400w.

Dont copy the power numbers unless you have a thermistor installed, I posted the picture for the "feedback bandwith tuning"

Thank you for your answer.

So, I have tried some other parameters. First I test step by step with thumb throttle and sound listening when reach my geared front motor the max RPM. Between 170 and 180 polepairs I hear no difference, this is the max of RPM with free wheel testing (Actually I don't have a speedsensor mounted) so I think that is the best polepair setting. (I wonder, so is something wrong, the effective poles or the gear ratio but with this actually settings the motor run smooth from scratch without rattle. Only power is not really good, maybe I need more phase current. Maybe I will try it later.

When I try the parameter current regulator bandwith RAD for autosetting (current regulator KP and current regulator KI) always the motor rattle, so iam not shure if this function work. So I set I to zero and play with these 2 parameters downside. Not really know, if this correct, but it works..

On advanced tab I don't need change settings, if I use hallsensor start and sensorless switching, iam right?

Btw: really nice your 75sx mid drive solution, really good idea :)

Attachments

• 20210227_170112.jpg
    20210227_170112.jpg
    381.7 KB · Views: 831
  • 20210227_170213.jpg
    20210227_170213.jpg
    336.4 KB · Views: 831
Dear friends,
now the small Aikema works well. Thanks a lot of all our recommendations.

Im not really shure, if Feedback Bandwith Tuning match perfect for this really small HUB Motor, but I had only one times an little bit rattle noise on my Fork as I push fully my throttle at maybe 20 km/h.

A member of the german Ebike pedelec-forum Board give me the hint, to set the max phase current to max and limit the battery current, so I become a accetable forward push for this really small geared hub motor and maybe better results I get with the exchange from Grins baserunner to phaserunner, but i´m not shure, but it works now.

Sometimes I have the feeling, that the response from push throttle to starting the motor is delayed, and I don´t know really why, it has nothing to do with the high rise of my high setting of torque ramp (500ms). (it is better for the gears to slow startup the small geared hub motor)

Here my settings, for other people, with small geared hub motors and same problem.
(btw. the sensorless start parameters are not really the best, i don´t try it out)

As a hint for fast commuting geared hub motors like my aikema I can also recommend to look at the settings of other high-speed motors such as the Bafang G310

if you want to limit the speed to e.g. 25 km/h, you have to play with the parameters wheel diameter and maximum speed. I have a 29" wheel and 101 pole pairs (Gear ratio 12.6 x 8 Pole Pairs = 101) and for a conversion for the parameter Wheel diameter with a 29" wheel the value ratio 29/12.6= 2.3. However the parameter maximum speed does not work correctly. It is best to try with an external speedometer and the parameter maximum speed to the respective speed limit ran.

br Marc

Attachments

• Aikema 100SX Phaserunner Basic Setup Parameters V0.9 png.png
    Aikema 100SX Phaserunner Basic Setup Parameters V0.9 png.png
    39 KB · Views: 751
  • Aikema 100SX Phaserunner Advanced Setup Parameters V0.9 png.png
    Aikema 100SX Phaserunner Advanced Setup Parameters V0.9 png.png
    36.3 KB · Views: 752
Btw:

if someone wants to have the AKM configuration file for the Baserunner / Phaserunner, please contact me via PM :)

Back