TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Electric Motors and Controllers
bpratl   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 16
Joined: Aug 07 2021 4:41am

Re: TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Post by bpratl » Sep 12 2021 11:36am

I presently have OSF V1.1.0 installed and running but would like to flash the motor and my 860C with V20.1C.3.
What should I expect the major difference and the biggest improvement to be ?
Is the displayed data the same? Thanks.

blazo   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 17
Joined: Apr 11 2021 12:18pm

Re: TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Post by blazo » Sep 15 2021 5:42am

Hello.
I’ve been riding with 20.1c3 NEW for quite some time and it has been the best firmware ever!
One thing that I noticed is that voltage readings are off about one volt.
Is there a way to correct voltage readings?
I am using 860c display.

Cube_mtb   1 µW

1 µW
Posts: 3
Joined: May 24 2021 6:08am

Re: TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Post by Cube_mtb » Sep 17 2021 5:03am

Hi,

One of my bikes running v20.1C.2 now and then shows the brake error on booting. When this happens at home I can easily flash the stock option byte file which resolves the problem, but it has also happened when on the road :(

I’m not sure what’s causing this issue. Can it be a bad controller? Or am I flashing the wrong option byte file?

Kind regards,
Dennis.

Hilo   10 µW

10 µW
Posts: 5
Joined: Aug 11 2021 6:07am

Re: TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Post by Hilo » Sep 22 2021 12:45am

Hi Dears:
I am using TSDZ2-v20.1C.1-VLCD6.
Now I set only"battery current" data display on VLCD6.
That let me monitor battery current when I am riding at hill.

Image

But I found the ODO meter won't increase anymore, even enable or disable "Odometer compensation".
Is my wrong configure setting?

Elinx   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 842
Joined: Aug 09 2019 6:58am

Re: TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Post by Elinx » Sep 22 2021 3:23am

Hilo wrote:
Sep 22 2021 12:45am
.....
Now I set only"battery current" data display on VLCD6.
That let me monitor battery current when I am riding at hill......
But I found the ODO meter won't increase anymore, even enable or disable "Odometer compensation".
...
If you want to see the current continue (time to display =0), it is logical you can't measure odo and speed anymore, because the time is always set to measure current, so there is no time left to capture and process the speed pulses.
This is because there is only one display value (normally speed) which is shared, that is why you must enter a certain display time.
The "always on" possibility is usefull for diagnostic measurements.
If you want more display options you must choose another display like 860C.

Hilo   10 µW

10 µW
Posts: 5
Joined: Aug 11 2021 6:07am

Re: TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Post by Hilo » Sep 22 2021 4:47am

Elinx wrote:
Sep 22 2021 3:23am
If you want to see the current continue (time to display =0), it is logical you can't measure odo and speed anymore, because the time is always set to measure current, so there is no time left to capture and process the speed pulses.
This is because there is only one display value (normally speed) which is shared, that is why you must enter a certain display time.
The "always on" possibility is usefull for diagnostic measurements.
If you want more display options you must choose another display like 860C.
Yes, I understand, thanx for your reply

Hangman   100 µW

100 µW
Posts: 9
Joined: Feb 04 2021 5:37pm

Re: TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Post by Hangman » Sep 26 2021 2:31pm

Bug with "Hybrid" mode?
I'm using Emmebrusa's OSF version 20.1C with my original VLCD6 display in eMTB mode. I recently changed the default to Hybrid mode and liked the extra power it gives. Having swooped down a slope and begun to climb I resumed pedalling at a high cadence. The motor lost power but continued to run with no response to pedal pressure. In a panic I forced the bike to stop, stalling the motor. This blew the controller. Forunately my BMS detected a short and protected my battery.
Whist waiting for a new controller from PSWpower I fitted my spare motor also programmed with the same OSF.
A friend said there was a new OSF version "with safety features", 20.1.1C. So I uploaded this new version thinking this fault had been sorted and set the default back to Hybrid mode. After a couple of weeks of normal riding I again resumed pedalling in too low a gear and high cadence and the fault recurred. I went round in circles in the middle of a field and managed to jump off and raise the back wheel and then lay the bike down. This enabled me to disconnect the battery. After reconnecting (and selecting the safe eMTB mode!) the motor works fine.
I've used the OSF for about 2 years in eMTB with no problems and love it. However now this has happened twice I'm sure there is a bug in Hybrid mode. If like me you don't have a kill switch then I suggest you don't use Hybrid mode until someone figures out the problem.
The fault occurs when resuming pedalling at a high cadence, suddenly making the motor run fast, and this only happens in Hybrid mode.

User avatar
hetm4n   1 W

1 W
Posts: 62
Joined: Aug 29 2019 6:30am

Re: TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Post by hetm4n » Sep 27 2021 2:32pm

I on 20.1C3New already broke 2 blue gears, it breaks them at the moment of sudden pressure going uphill, I have no idea why, I came back to 0.8.
mongoose teocali comp 2014 TSDZ2 750W 13s3p & 13s7p
dartmoor primal 2017 bafang BBS02b 750W 13s6p

mbrusa   1 kW

1 kW
Posts: 368
Joined: Dec 11 2019 12:13am

Re: TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Post by mbrusa » Sep 28 2021 2:47am

The broken blue gear can be caused by too aggressive settings.
The parameters to pay attention to are:
Motor acceleration (in all modes).
Startup boost (in power mode).
Torque assist levels (in hybrid mode).
In my tests I tried to exaggerate with these parameters, there were no problems with the blue gear, but I had to be very light on the pedals.
With 860C and conservative settings, since April I have done 1500km (500 with v20.1C and 1000 with v20.1C.3) without any problems.

The problem reported by Hangman for the version with stock display is different.
The motor that gets stuck in acceleration without control and without pushing on the pedals, is a rare but known problem.
It happened in all previous versions, mine and marcoq's.
But only in stock display versions, I have never had any reports of this problem with the LCD3 and 860C, yet the motor control code is the same.
I thought I had remedied with v20.1C.1, unfortunately this is not the case, there is also a report on GitHub to confirm that the problem has remained.
I still haven't figured out what the cause may be, but in the new version I've been trying for 2 months, I've added a function that stops the motor when there is no more control. It will then be necessary to turn the display off and on again.
It does not eliminate the problem, but it can avoid danger and damage.
Before I release it, I want to try a couple more weeks.

devboy-greg   10 mW

10 mW
Posts: 33
Joined: Jan 10 2020 1:20pm

Re: TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Post by devboy-greg » Sep 28 2021 4:54am

I have only just noticed a small bug with v20.1C.3-LCD3 firmware in that the brake sensor icon on the display does not show upon brake activation, the brake sensors however perform as expected and kill the motor instantly so no issues there.

I have only just upgraded my bike with brake sensors to the latest version from the previous version v20.1C-LCD3 which did not have the issue.

I now have two KT-LCD3 displays with v20.1C.3-LCD3 flashed on to them and they both fail to display the brake sensor icon when the brakes are applied so I don’t think it can be a hardware fault. I haven’t seen this bug reported before (and there is nothing on GitHub), can anyone else running v20.1C.3-LCD3 with brake sensors confirm? Thanks.

Atrihalov   100 mW

100 mW
Posts: 47
Joined: Nov 14 2017 1:30am

Re: TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Post by Atrihalov » Sep 28 2021 6:53am

Hello. I changed the torque sensor to a new one. I now have the display of the sensor value, when you give the full weight, it decreases. Although you can ride. Is it incomprehensible to the bee?

Charlie Whiskey   10 mW

10 mW
Posts: 24
Joined: Jun 28 2020 9:50am

Re: TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Post by Charlie Whiskey » Sep 29 2021 2:13am

The voltage indication on my system running C3 new is 0.8V too hard according to my calibrated multimeter.

I've already done the battery resistance test and set the corresponding value so that is not the issue. Going through the manual there doesn't seem to be anything else that impacts this. Have I missed something? Is there anything else I can do to resolve this?

mbrusa   1 kW

1 kW
Posts: 368
Joined: Dec 11 2019 12:13am

Re: TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Post by mbrusa » Sep 29 2021 2:29am

On 860C there is no voltage calibration, I'll try to add it to the next version.

mbrusa   1 kW

1 kW
Posts: 368
Joined: Dec 11 2019 12:13am

Re: TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Post by mbrusa » Sep 29 2021 2:33am

Atrihalov wrote:
Sep 28 2021 6:53am
Hello. I changed the torque sensor to a new one. I now have the display of the sensor value, when you give the full weight, it decreases. Although you can ride. Is it incomprehensible to the bee?
I have never heard of the adc torque value that decreases with max weight.
It is probably a hardware calibration problem.

Atrihalov   100 mW

100 mW
Posts: 47
Joined: Nov 14 2017 1:30am

Re: TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Post by Atrihalov » Sep 29 2021 3:03am

mbrusa wrote:
Sep 29 2021 2:33am
Atrihalov wrote:
Sep 28 2021 6:53am
Hello. I changed the torque sensor to a new one. I now have the display of the sensor value, when you give the full weight, it decreases. Although you can ride. Is it incomprehensible to the bee?
I have never heard of the adc torque value that decreases with max weight.
It is probably a hardware calibration problem.
It was true. But today it became normal. Apparently the system has somehow adjusted itself.

Mayhem   10 µW

10 µW
Posts: 6
Joined: Aug 31 2021 4:16am

Re: TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Post by Mayhem » Oct 04 2021 11:54am

Installed osf on my dads bike(v20.1C.2) my dad was on the trail and the battery was 62% and suddenly battery % jumped to 81%
any idea why?

Nfer   100 W

100 W
Posts: 108
Joined: Sep 17 2019 6:51am

Re: TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Post by Nfer » Oct 05 2021 1:43pm

Why are you using v20.1C.2?

razm   1 µW

1 µW
Posts: 4
Joined: Nov 06 2021 2:45am

Re: TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Post by razm » Nov 06 2021 2:54am

Hi !

Thank you for all the great work done here! I was trying to compile version TSDZ2-v20.1C.1-VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18 on my MAC running on big Sur 11.5.2. When executing

Code: Select all

make -f Makefile_windows
i get an error on the ebike_app.c compile step - see below:

Code: Select all

sdcc -c -I../common/STM8S_StdPeriph_Lib/inc -I../common -I. -I../ -mstm8 -Ddouble=float --std-c99 --nolospre  --out-fmt-ihx --debug  -oebike_app.c ebike_app.c
make: *** [ebike_app.rel] Illegal instruction: 4


Did anyone hit this issue before? Any tips on a fix for it?

Thank you !

razm   1 µW

1 µW
Posts: 4
Joined: Nov 06 2021 2:45am

Re: TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Post by razm » Nov 11 2021 1:21pm

I found the issue! and managed to flash the firmware - it rocks! so much better than the original! Great job!

It is linked to a bug in the Java configurator - If any of the fields where speed needs to be entered (i.e. Basic Settings /Max speed off-road mode , Assistance Setting / walk assist speed & Street speed limit) gets empty the configurator throws and error and I guess the resulting config.h gets corrupted and the error below shows at compile time.

To avoid the error make sure speed input fields should never be empty - eg when you want to change the offroad speed limit from 25 to 30 - first add 30 to he input filed and delete 25 afterwards (25->2530->30).

Hope this helps somebody at some moment in time. I'll also drop a note on github .


razm wrote:
Nov 06 2021 2:54am
Hi !

Thank you for all the great work done here! I was trying to compile version TSDZ2-v20.1C.1-VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18 on my MAC running on big Sur 11.5.2. When executing

Code: Select all

make -f Makefile_windows
i get an error on the ebike_app.c compile step - see below:

Code: Select all

sdcc -c -I../common/STM8S_StdPeriph_Lib/inc -I../common -I. -I../ -mstm8 -Ddouble=float --std-c99 --nolospre  --out-fmt-ihx --debug  -oebike_app.c ebike_app.c
make: *** [ebike_app.rel] Illegal instruction: 4


Did anyone hit this issue before? Any tips on a fix for it?

Thank you !

Hilo   10 µW

10 µW
Posts: 5
Joined: Aug 11 2021 6:07am

Re: TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Post by Hilo » Nov 11 2021 8:54pm

I flashed version v20.1C.1

The motor keeps running without pedaling, as if the throttle is working, but I did not install the throttle.
This is the second time, this time I am sure it is wrong.
Fortunately, it can be stopped by the VLCD6 power button.

razm   1 µW

1 µW
Posts: 4
Joined: Nov 06 2021 2:45am

Re: TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Post by razm » Nov 12 2021 3:39pm

Hello again!

Now that I have managed to have the firmware flashed and I am very happy with it I am looking for the next upgrade. I have just ordered a new SW102 and the necessary cables. While waiting for the delivery I was checking the where are all the latest firmware and Otaupdates and was not clear wich repositories have what. Can somebody please help with locations/repositories for following?

-latest TSDZ2 firmware
- initial firmware for SW102
- latest OTAupdate for SW102

Thank you!

dameri   100 W

100 W
Posts: 234
Joined: Sep 20 2018 10:57am

Re: TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Post by dameri » Nov 13 2021 1:37am

razm wrote:
Nov 12 2021 3:39pm
Hello again!

Now that I have managed to have the firmware flashed and I am very happy with it I am looking for the next upgrade. I have just ordered a new SW102 and the necessary cables. While waiting for the delivery I was checking the where are all the latest firmware and Otaupdates and was not clear wich repositories have what. Can somebody please help with locations/repositories for following?

-latest TSDZ2 firmware
- initial firmware for SW102
- latest OTAupdate for SW102

Thank you!
https://github.com/emmebrusa/TSDZ2-Smar ... 3-860C-NEW

Wiki: https://github.com/OpenSourceEBike/TSDZ ... 860C/wiki]

razm   1 µW

1 µW
Posts: 4
Joined: Nov 06 2021 2:45am

Re: TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Post by razm » Nov 13 2021 3:57am

Thank you dameri!
dameri wrote:
Nov 13 2021 1:37am
razm wrote:
Nov 12 2021 3:39pm
Hello again!

Now that I have managed to have the firmware flashed and I am very happy with it I am looking for the next upgrade. I have just ordered a new SW102 and the necessary cables. While waiting for the delivery I was checking the where are all the latest firmware and Otaupdates and was not clear wich repositories have what. Can somebody please help with locations/repositories for following?

-latest TSDZ2 firmware
- initial firmware for SW102
- latest OTAupdate for SW102

Thank you!
https://github.com/emmebrusa/TSDZ2-Smar ... 3-860C-NEW

Wiki: https://github.com/OpenSourceEBike/TSDZ ... 860C/wiki]

dameri   100 W

100 W
Posts: 234
Joined: Sep 20 2018 10:57am

Re: TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Post by dameri » Nov 13 2021 4:27am

razm wrote:
Nov 13 2021 3:57am
Thank you dameri!
dameri wrote:
Nov 13 2021 1:37am
razm wrote:
Nov 12 2021 3:39pm
Hello again!

Now that I have managed to have the firmware flashed and I am very happy with it I am looking for the next upgrade. I have just ordered a new SW102 and the necessary cables. While waiting for the delivery I was checking the where are all the latest firmware and Otaupdates and was not clear wich repositories have what. Can somebody please help with locations/repositories for following?

-latest TSDZ2 firmware
- initial firmware for SW102
- latest OTAupdate for SW102

Thank you!
https://github.com/emmebrusa/TSDZ2-Smar ... 3-860C-NEW

Wiki: https://github.com/OpenSourceEBike/TSDZ ... 860C/wiki]
You are wellcome.

blazo   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 17
Joined: Apr 11 2021 12:18pm

Re: TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Post by blazo » Nov 15 2021 8:19am

mbrusa wrote:
Sep 29 2021 2:29am
On 860C there is no voltage calibration, I'll try to add it to the next version.
Thank you so much mbrusa, I am waiting for that function. Your firmware is the best! :) I am still running C3NEW and it's my best bike ever.

Post Reply