TSDZ2 48v 2020 new firmware

Pealy

1 µW
Hi,
Since May 2020, the firmware of the TSDZ2 in 48V version has to be changed, so the open source software is unusable for this version.
Do you know if a porting is in progress.
Thanks for the information

Pealy said:
Hi,
Since May 2020, the firmware of the TSDZ2 in 48V version has to be changed, so the open source software is unusable for this version.
Do you know if a porting is in progress.
Thanks for the information
Please donate / send to me 2 of this new motor controllers so I can start the development work.

Hello everybody,

I could order 2 of these controllers and send them to Cashino. How about we get the 90 € together with the donation? I would start with € 10.

MFG Michael

Cashino said a complete engine would be the easiest for him to install and test. so we put together. we can all benefit from it together .....

I'm confused by this post. I received a new 48v model last week and it's running great with the OSF.

cresny said:
I'm confused by this post. I received a new 48v model last week and it's running great with the OSF.

Where did you order it? PSWPower?

psw has the old controllers. at enerprof the new versions. I collected donations in a German pedelec forum and have now been able to send a new controller to Cashino. I am currently collecting. the amount for a 2nd controller would be together. We may get support from enerprof and with additional donations we can send an entire motor.

MFG Michael

michih. said:
psw has the old controllers. at enerprof the new versions. I collected donations in a German pedelec forum and have now been able to send a new controller to Cashino. I am currently collecting. the amount for a 2nd controller would be together. We may get support from enerprof and with additional donations we can send an entire motor.

MFG Michael
Thanks and I promise to do everything I can to start document the hardware and find the tools needed for developers, this will be the very first steps.

andibrainer has already measured the port assignment. I don't know if it will help you.

MFG Michael

michih. said:
andibrainer has already measured the port assignment. I don't know if it will help you.

MFG Michael
I just created the repository, please add that information there (images files and any text can be added to that README file or you can create a new one). Do a fork of the repository to your github account, do the changes on your fork and finally do a pull request to the original repository and I will accept.

https://github.com/OpenSourceEBike/TSDZ2_new_motor_controller_firmware/blob/main/README.md

Nice to see you supporting the DIY community here this much, cas. :)

michih. said:

MFG Michael

Do you have a link for the 2nd donation? I'd but in bit to help with the project.

you can simply send it to me via PayPal. I then order from enerprof and send it off. You get the PayPal address via PN.

MFG Michael

@casainho, I have measured the pinout of the new XMC1302 controller. I attach the document as an attachment. If you are interested I can contribute a disassembled cleaned controller board and an Infineon XMC1302 boot kit. I would send the parts to @michih. so he can send them with the next shipment to you.
Kind regards abrainer

Attachments

• XMC1303 pin assignment Tongsheng Controller.odt
    10.3 KB · Views: 174
  • 21-04-17 12-54-19 1428.jpg
    21-04-17 12-54-19 1428.jpg
    562.3 KB · Views: 6,483
  • 21-04-17 12-54-31 1429.jpg
    21-04-17 12-54-31 1429.jpg
    381.1 KB · Views: 6,479
  • 21-04-17 12-54-45 1430.jpg
    21-04-17 12-54-45 1430.jpg
    461.6 KB · Views: 6,477
abrainer said:
@casainho, I have measured the pinout of the new XMC1302 controller. I attach the document as an attachment. If you are interested I can contribute a disassembled cleaned controller board and an Infineon XMC1302 boot kit. I would send the parts to @michih. so he can send them with the next shipment to you.
Kind regards abrainer
I think we are all very interested!! - so fork the repository, add the files and your notes on your fork and finally do a pull request and then I will accept it: https://github.com/OpenSourceEBike/TSDZ2_new_motor_controller_firmware

abrainer said:
Kind regards abrainer
I can accept that boards, and clean motor controller would be great, but, don't you prefer to use it yourself? Don't you plan to help on the development??

I still have a second XMC boot kit, so I can assist with development. I think the controller board is more useful for you.
At the moment I have more of a problem with uploading to Github. I don't want to succeed in uploading the files.

I just sent a contribution of 15€ to help the development of the new firmware.
Do you know if the new displays sold on aliexpress and
Enerpower (TFT 560C, TFT 500S-U, TFT 510S-U) work only with the new controllers or are they also compatible with the previous generation controllers?

we have the money for a second controller. and now € 15 over. Now it goes to an engine. enerpower has a return with a controller problem. on monday i will be informed what the engine should cost. the tft only fit the new controller. have a tft 500 here. think it's great because it's small.

MFG Michael

I will cancel the collection campaign for the engine. Unfortunately, there is not enough feedback. we could at least send 2 controllers and tools.

MFG Michael

2 controllers and tools is better than nothing and i hope that enough to product a new release of open source firmware.
Philippe

Nfer said:
cresny said:

Where did you order it? PSWPower?

I ordered it at http://recycles-ebike.com/. I guess I got an older model.

I received the new motor controller, thanks to everyone who donated and to @michih. My days are super busy so do not expect fast advances. And there are a lot of work on documentation that anyone can do only with a computer, so, if your guys want to contribute, please submit pull requests with your contributions on the documentation about this new motor controller:

How to make a pull request: https://guides.github.com/activities/hello-world/ to the repository TSDZ2_new_motor_controller_firmware: https://github.com/OpenSourceEBike/TSDZ2_new_motor_controller_firmware

I am starting looking at the TSDZ2 motor controller V2 and I see the following differences:
- microcontroller ARM Cortex M0, 32 bits at 64MHz
- that three big R003 resistors are for sure to measure each motor phase current while on the controller V1 there was only one big resistor to measure the battery current

The increasing of processing power and the capability to measure the 3 phase currents means the system can implement FOC. Anyway, we should be able to port the firmware of controller V1 to controller V2 and ignore at start that 3 phase currents, as the sum of the phase currents is equal to the total phase currents that we calculate already on the controller V1 firmware, as total phase current = battery current / PWM duty_cycle:

which is immediately noticeable when you install the controller in the old motor. the engine is much quieter! do you then use the v12 of mspider65?

There will be more material for you next week. according to dhl it is already in portugal 😉

MFG Michael

casainho said:
Anyway, we should be able to port the firmware of controller V1 to controller V2 and ignore at start that 3 phase currents

:shock: I strongly recomment to analyse the circuit deeply, to understand which ADC_x setup, ADC timing, Timer_x config etc. is needed for doing real FOC. Otherwise you will throw away all your work afterwards.
I don't see any battery current shunt, so you have to read the phase current anyway.

casainho said:
as the sum of the phase currents is equal to the total phase currents that we calculate already on the controller V1 firmware

?! the sum of the phase currents is zero at any time....

regards
stancecoke

Back