Sevcon handheld calibrator help

jollmo

1 mW
Hello to all,

I've got a question about the sevcon handheld calibrator.

Mine is ver *662/14050* for the gen4.
As the cable had been ripped of, I tried with help of the controller manual and the calibrator manual, to figure out, how to build a cable to read out the controller in my Govecs Go T2.4.
What I found out until now is:
The calibrator has got an RJ45 Port.
The sevcons port looks like the first 3 rows of a normal atx motherboard power plug.
So I soldered a cable and connected Pin 2 of the RJ45 to GND of the plug, Pin 4 to Vpos of the plug and after connecting it to the controller, the calibrator powered on :)
Next was to figure out what to connect to CAN high and CAN low, I decided to take Pin 5 for CAN high and Pin 6 for CAN low.
So more or less, the numbers of the RJ45 pinout seem to be the same as for the controller's plug...
After fiddling around with the calibrators connection preferences, I managed to get the calibrator in the "logging in" state, but that's all I've got so far...
I also shortened Pin 1 and 3 (of the controller side plug) for termination, but that makes no difference...
As both manuals are not very clear about termination (at least for me) I don't know, if the error lies there, or. If I accidentely took CAN high for low and vv...
Has anybody here experience with this calibrator, or maybe the pinout of the RJ45 port?
That would be of great help!

PS.: I've seen, that in the "debug" section, it asks for passwords, can it be, that the login process just takes hours, where the calibrator sends thousands of passwords to log in? Just a thouhgt...

Anyway, thank you for your interest and your help

Jan

Back