ME1306 From Zero motorcycles

micpha

1 mW
Hello,
I got 2 FXS motors (ME1306). I'm not really familiar with the Sine/cosine encoders and I would like to hook up a Kelly 8080ips series to it. Unfortunately I'm not able to identify the encoders wire. The documentation from the web and moternergy does not seem to match when I tested it with a 5V poser supply and LEDS.
I see the sine/cosine signal bu not the hall. Both motors have the same pattern.

Anybody worked on that before?

Thanks

micpha said:
I tested it with a 5V poser supply and LEDS.
I see the sine/cosine signal bu not the hall. Both motors have the same pattern.

I read the specs: If motor’s got encoder then it won’t have halls / ips controller only has encoder support.

So i don’t really understand your issue with halls?
If you’re referring to this from the kelly schematic:
C1AB439D-4278-4547-8B68-B5C235467FBA.jpeg
I’m sure it’s a misprint. 4 signal wires in won’t make 5 wires including 1 magically appearing hall.

The diagram was probably adapted from the regular 3-hall diagram, and whoever drew it did not erase the Hall C line when they relabeled the Hall A and Hall B lines to the SIN and COS lines.

amberwolf said:
The diagram was probably adapted from the regular 3-hall diagram, and whoever drew it did not erase the Hall C line when they relabeled the Hall A and Hall B lines to the SIN and COS lines.
I had some support from Kelly and they say that the "Hall C" is not used. I just unplugged the wire. Their manual is not well made since it's after the identification procedure that they specify that we need to manually input the sin/cosin amplitude values. I was able to find out that Zero uses RMB29A01 encoders in those motors. We'll see in a few hour if I'm finally able to make this work.

Edit: everything works fine. Just needed some fine tuning for RPM and power.

larsb said:
micpha said:
I tested it with a 5V poser supply and LEDS.

I read the specs: If motor’s got encoder then it won’t have halls / ips controller only has encoder support.

So i don’t really understand your issue with halls?
If you’re referring to this from the kelly schematic:
C1AB439D-4278-4547-8B68-B5C235467FBA.jpeg
I’m sure it’s a misprint. 4 signal wires in won’t make 5 wires including 1 magically appearing hall.

Yeah, the thing that messed me up was that the connector has 2 combined green wire, which i just learned from the encoder datasheet, is the shield and from Kelly's support tech, it does not need to be connected.

thank you for your input, I have a somewhat basic knowledge in electronics your inputs are appreciated.

Hello micpha

Great to see that you got your motor running. How is the performance with on it? I am looking at the same motor but I heard someone say it is not that great.

Back