MY1020,Brushless BM1109 YALU, KUNRAY motors

Doctorbass

100 GW
Hello guys,

Long time no post here. I'm back :wink:

I am about to modify the electric QUAD of my nephew that is now using MY1020 36V 800w at 29A for 2.8Nm on a 11T to 68T at the wheel.

It has not alot of torque and i think it has alot of potential for upgrade. 8)

I checked for QS motor options in the IPM 1000W combo but i dont want to spend too much tome on adapting a new motor to that quad. The Brushless version of the MY1020 are interesting and i'm trying to clarify all SPECS that are completly wrong on aliexpress and even on the YALU and Kunray and many ebay sellers.

The controller that are offered seem to only exist in trapezoidal waveform but they have all accessory connectors that perfectly match the wirring of the Quad so i think i will stick with these. Some offer up to 70 or even 100A version up to 72 or even 120Vdc

NOW THE BIG PROBLEM ARE:
-Torque info are completly wrong
-No KV info availlable
-No Torque per amp info availlable
-Their " rated", "nominal" and "max" parameters are confusing as for the same motor many publish different values that often dont mach

I am now working to make all this more clear for everyone :D

I contacted KUNRAY, YALU and some ebay sellers like Alpha wheel but after partially answering the first question they seem to be on "mute" :roll: We'll see :confused:

The first parameter i'm interested in is the Torque.

I want to compare which motor model give the more torque for the SAME CURRENT.

Actually they publish torque value ( Nm) and the WRONG current value ! If we dig a but more we can find some graphs of performance of these motor and NOW we get the true data.

For exemple one model is 48V 2000W and 33A and the announced torque is 6.9Nm which is the highest of all model .. well aparenly! :| But when we take a look to the graph we see that that 6.9Nm is not at 33A but at 74A !!!

So if you try to get the highest torque motor only based on the little chart they give you go in the wrong direction!.

To get the kv values i was not sure if really it was what they called MAX speed or rpm or Rated speed or rpm.
I then searched on the graphs to get the RPM at no torque ( no load) as all test are made at the nominal 36, 48, 60, or 72V balue si it is easy to check and most of the time they match.

Here are the common info they publish.
Kunray Yalu published spec.png

Here are some graph i found from Kunray and Yalu and other

BM1109 48V 1500W.jpg
BM1109 48V 2000W.jpg
BM1109 60V 2000W.jpg
BM1109 72V 3000W.jpg

In the Excel comparison sheet that i made from the only data that i have now you can see that the torque per amp deducted from the manufacture spec is wrong compare to the one extracted from the graph.

Spec sheet vs graph from supliers.PNG

The summary of spec they indicate is however usefull to get true info.
The what they call RATED RPM is in fact the RPM where the efficiency reach maximum.
Understanding the specs.png

I will continu searching for the rest of the spec and once i have the full info response crom Kunray or Yalu i will add these here and will complete this big summary:
Kunray Yalu published spec.png

:wink:
Doc

Hi
Did you ever get any further information?
Which Motor did you buy in the end?
I am currently looking for a 1000W motor for a project with my son.
Not sure which one to go for.

Cheers SwissCanuck

Back