Kelly KLS7218 or KLS4812

MK2R

100 W
trying to decide what controller to get.
Initial plan: 72V about 50-60A cont.
future upgrade 72V 100+A

Would it make sense to go with the 7218 at start and limit it a lot lower to fit the initial project, or is it better to get the lower performing model and push it harder and get the other controller for when i upgrade the hub motor to a qs273?

What would you guys have done? is it stupid to run the 7218 at just 50A ?

or should i get something different? 7230 or votol/sabvoton?

Kelly or Sabvoton that a good question?

Did somebody did a Pugh Matrix for the assessment?

Gesendet von meinem CPH1911 mit Tapatalk

yeah that is the question, i just got my bms:s and i am just waiting for nickle strip and shrink wraps now. i still haven't decided. i mean a kelly 7218 (from what i can see in videos) provides more than enough acceleration for my needs, but just becuase it works doesn't mean it is the best solution.

oh well, i think i'll be able to fit 20P or even more in my battery, so at 5A per cell it will still be good for 100A, but the original motor might not be able to handle 100A in the long term. but currently it is just running at 35-40A and i would be happy to at least get it to consume about 60A and more voltage. hopefully that would be enough for me. I will however prepare stuffs to be able to deliver 100A when i do swap motor.

Maybe one should just get something and start there, i know people have been succesfull with the 7218 so maybe i should run the same controller with my motor, i was just thinking if i could get the

Back