Installing temp sensor on newer TSDZ2 controller

raylo32

100 kW
I have a TSDZ2 that installed about 3 years ago. Trying to get hold of the temperature issue I just installed the temp sensor on the motor and a pigtail with a connector onto the controller following Casainho's excellent instructions from the wiki. I also have another controlled that I got with a plug and play OSF kit from Electrify. I bought this in late 2019 or early 2020 IIRC. I want to get this ready to swap into the bike by installing a pigtail and connector for the temp sensor... but the wire colors and pinouts are somewhat different. Does anyone here have a detailed connection plan for this? Pics below. Both controllers side by side, old controller with orange throttle wire, new controller with a blue wire where the orange wire was in the old one (and some other differences).

Attachments

• TSDZ2_Controlelrs_SideBySide.jpg
    TSDZ2_Controlelrs_SideBySide.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 258
  • TSDZ2_OldContoller.jpg
    TSDZ2_OldContoller.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 258
  • TSDZ2_NewController.jpg
    TSDZ2_NewController.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 258
I reached out to Electrify and they answered this question. The colors are different because the controller has been modified by swapping the TSDZ2 throttle harness for the Bafang style with the proper connector for the 850/860 display. That harness has different color wires. So temp sensor connection should the same except using these alternate color wires (except black is the same).

Throttle signal: blue
Ground: black
+5v: red

Back