Sevcon motor cuback

nuxland

100 W
Are someone actually used motorcutback with sevcon and was it working and cutting power/torque?

I raced in the weekend and for me it seems that it is not working and I can not see any real cutback.
As you can see that at 122 degrees it should give me only 0,4 or 40% of torque. And then linear got to 0,1 at 130 degrees.
MotorTemperatureCutback_Map.jpg

But in reality It was still 60% or 0,6 that I have configure in baseline profile until 129 degrees. Here is two graphs from saved data (one is whole race and another closeup).
You can see 40% of demand torque when we switched manually to profile 2 (where I have configured 40% or 0,4 for demand torque)
MotorTemperatureCutback_Real_Close.jpg
MotorTemperatureCutback_Real.jpg
So is there something els somewhere deep that needs to be configure so this motor cutback will actually work?

Yeah, it seems there is some options somewhere that is ignoring my "User definable motor cutback map" :(
Controller should have limiting current from 113 degrees but it gave 100% until 128 degrees when it got current fault (because motor was hot and it was misaligned in that qualification race)

Attachments

• QualificationAravete2021.jpg
    QualificationAravete2021.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 397
Tested lipo battery addon and motor cooling with water mist yesterday and it seems to work, outside was 30 degrees.
This was 10 laps.
LipoAddonAndMist.jpg
But then decided to go one more time with my bigger lifepo4 battery and did not used mist at all.
And managed to get motor temperature to 140 degrees and no motor cutback happened. Damn :twisted:
This was only 5 laps.
LifePo4AndNotUsedMist.jpg
Demand torque was the same 60% and as you can see actual power was similar from battery.
So has someone some direction why my sevcon is not using motor cutback parameters?

Back