tsdz2 lasted less than an hour ...

:cry:
bought a 48v tsdz2 from pswpower last week.
Unfortunately I opened it, to put the pads, and the double bearings on the right and left and I also installed a temperature sensor, not connected to the control unit, making a small dig in the crankcase to pass the wire. This is assuming the engine was running ...
last Sunday morning I left for a ride and after I stopped in the shade ... it never started again ...
comes on but the torsiometer does not work. Before the walk worked and the accelerator.,now they have both stopped working.
The control unit emits a slight whistle ... and the whistle passes when I disconnect the two wires of the torsiometer. What may have happened?
I tried with original firmware, with 20 01b and 20 01c1 3 but no results, no error on display
Obviously pswpower doesn't answer I ask for impossible things, like a video of the broken torsometer ...
I am depressed and angry, even buying the pieces they would arrive in September and frankly I am not interested in September ...

Well, you probably did void the warranty when you opened the case and modified it. I understand it is frustrating, but I wouldn't blame PSWPower for that. You may have knocked a wire loose or shorted something while you were doing that. It seems more likely to be a problem with the motor controller than the torque sensor, but it is hard to tell from your description. I see replacement controllers advertised as in stock on the PSWPower website, eBay, and other sites. I don't think you need to wait until September to get parts.

I do not touch nothing on the controller... It's not my First motor...Normally order in Cina from Italy take over a month, but from 1 july there is a law that requires ALL packages to be stopped at customs to pay taxes. I think ordering now is lucky if it arrives for Christmas!

Andrea,
You dismantled the motor ..broke the factory seals...instant warranty void. !
.....let alone changing the operating software ! Another fail if you expect support.
Once you start “modifying” stock parts, and programms, you assume full responsibility...or expect to pay to have it fixed.
We have a saying ..” no point in crying over spilt milk “ ......you spilt it, so you dont get to drink it !
PS ..have you checked the allignment of the speed sensor/ magnet... that will stop them dead if it goes out of wack !

I know very well that opening the engine invalidated the warranty. The discussion maybe I put it wrong, it does not concern the warranty, I would like to understand what is broken and why the control unit whistles if the 2 sensor wires are connected. for the warranty I told the seller that I was giving up the warranty and asked if I could PURCHASE the sensor and the control unit quickly from Germany, without receiving a reply. And in my opinion it remains a very low quality product if it breaks after an hour (I'm absolutely sure I didn't break it, also because it wouldn't work immediately and not after an hour)

As long as folks keep buying janky garbage, they'll keep making janky garbage.

Yes it's true but:

on 3 September 2018 I bought a 2018 turbo levo
after 13 months the engine belt broke, no warranty for use with blevo app
in March 2021, the battery broke, a few months after the end of the warranty, 800 € for a battery of only 500wh
I didn't buy it back and I sold the bicycle.
a 4000 € specialized is garbage?

Chalo said:

I think that is not really fair to the TSDZ2.
There are many units out there that work flawlessly for years (including my 2 units).

I have more the feeling that due to the recent ebike hype, demand outruns supply and suppliers ship everything they have.
And that is not good for quality. But that is not only true for tongsheng, but for most (all?) of the suppliers.

Anyway, this discussion does not help @andrea_104kg.
Hope he finds a solution.
(Only thing I can offer: I live in germany, so if I can do anything to help with the shipment, pIs let me know)

andrea_104kg said:
Yes it's true but:

in March 2021, the battery broke, a few months after the end of the warranty, 800 € for a battery of only 500wh

Have you checked what the resistance of the torque sensor is with a multimeter? I am not sure what the expected value is, but it shouldn't be 0. If it 0, there there is a short. It also shouldn't be open. It should be a simple strain gauge that changes electrical resistance as it deforms.

Chalo is the resident hater... and/or has stock in Bafang. ;) These motors are really not bad for what they are. Mine has been bulletproof, in spite of me being inside the case about 6 times for temp sensor install, cooling mods, etc. It just keeps chugging along. IMO, its pretty cool to make a very credible e-bike for $500 plus battery.

Chalo said:

I liked my TSDZ2 build so much I gave it away on a KHS Smoothie and EM3ev battery. A new rider didn't have any experience and loves it.

RunForTheHills said:
andrea_104kg said:
resistence of the torsiometer it's 2,7 ohm very near to zero....

So maybe the torque sensor has a short. Check that it is not in the wire or connector.

I have no idea if it is shorted, it is a coil of copper wire, I think it is normal that it is shorted ...

It is possible that you have pinched ad shorted the wires that go to the torque sensor, very easy to do if you removed the motor. This may have damaged the controller. Don't ask how I know...

Yes it's true but:

If you are on boost mode with the Levo all the time, and the integrated controller and/or motor overheats, then yeah you can ruin the system. Yes. The Enduro Bros do it a lot where I live. They hate climbing hills, so they buy a 250W rated e-mountain bike to get up the hills as fast as they can with a small, underpowered motor.

Two kinds of e-Enduro Bros: those that admit they ruined the motor, and those that don't say anything and quietly start riding their normal bike again when the e-bike is in the shop getting fixed. In other words, almost all of them put the motor on beast mode because that's how they do everything else in life: they drink a lot, work hard, play hard, terrorize hikers and dog walkers, act obnoxious in the trailhead parking lots, go to the hospital for crash-related injuries every few months. And yeah, overboost their 250W rated mid-drive.

Yes, you absolutely can destroy a mid-drive's motor regardless if the complete bike was $1500 USD or $15,000 USD. It happens way more than certain riders will admit. A Ferrari Testarossa may be worth a million dollars now, but if you drive it too hard it will break too.

ure trolling mate...
He does have a point. From a quality control point of view, it's obvious that Tongsheng has way more problems than Bafang. Way, way more problems. That doesn't mean every single Tongsheng motor is bad, it just means their quality control is bad. They should hire Lucielle Ball to monitor their assembly line, she would probably do a better job.

I remember reading a car magazine a long time ago: they were about to test drive a Dodge sedan. Dealer drove it to their office in Los Angeles, parked it overnight, left the keys in the mailbox. They get all their testing equipment ready, open the car door, turn the ignition with the key. Car doesn't start. At all. Battery is fine. They had to tow the car back to the dealership. It can happen. That was extremely embarrasing but it simply shows poor quality control at Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep (and now Ram). Never happened with a Ford or Chevy for testing. Those other brands may not be 100 times better but they had a better level of quality control for basic, critical stuff on the autos.

it's obvious that Tongsheng
To whom? My TSDZ2 installer friend, a fellow with scores of builds for conversion customers, would beg to differ. i see no real evidence to back that up. I used an early version but didn’t care for their torque sensing feature. I gave the KHC Smoothie and EM3ev battery to an unfortunate fellow living rough. That was more than 6000 miles ago. About $150 in repair parts and he’s back piling up the miles. A one off? I suppose, but I suspect your poke hasn’t a lot of history either.

Back