QS203 3T Sabvoton 72100 need more low speed power?

aplha-rydr

1 µW
I'm running QS203 3T Sabvoton 72100 ... should have bought a 5t but I was a little trigger happy and a noob so made the mistake of buying this powertrain. Is there a way to make it more twitchy at low speed in the settings?

never heard of twitchy being desirable

Do you mean delivering more torque at lower rpm?

Increase amps to get more torque
3t is around 15kv
150a would be better
Use smaller wheel for better acceleration
In 600mm wheel diameter you will have over 65mph.

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

If you had posted your settings it would have been easier for someone who knows sabvoton to suggest changes.
There are a lot of sabvoton threads here, so you can probably find a lot of answers in some of them.

Do you mean that you have a QS 205 50h 3t?
In that case, bottom line is that you have a way too weak controller.

I only have experience from the 4t, and that starts to get fun around 400phase A, and 500 is funnier :wink:
That was max on my controller (nucular 24fet)

So for a 3t I would say at least 500 phase A

I have a 4T in a 17" and it is a rip-you off bike almost and very responsive, so much so I consider the 3T.. for the RPM. You do NOT go max throttle anywhere under 40mph.. and even then it will bring the front up @ 25-35 if you really want it to.. until it hits the kV limit and the current drops ( back EMF limit)... From what I ganther.

I have a 72v Kelly, 8kW rated. 350A phase... I was afraid the 5T would be to slow... and the 4T only gets 52mph loaded.
The Kelly peaks at 18kW. The battery is very power dense, based on the volume. Relative. This bike will put you through a wall easily, from a meter away... if is torky, 134lbs, Eleek. Two shunts for data acquisition.

Perhaps the battery cannot do the full current. I also vote for a larger controller.

Is there any current measuring device inline?

4 - 500 Phase A on this motor must be nuts, jbjork. Perhaps we will be able to compare results some day,

Yes a 72100 will not cut it. This motor did not get warm @ 17.7kW up a hill, on my 8kW Kelly.

I dont have the bike anymore, but it wasent easy to keep the front wheel down.

L24g5ZA.jpg

vlynpwh.jpg

I have the 3.5T beings stuffed full of amps by a Nuc 24F and it’s super powerful. Mine is capped off at 17 kw due to it being way fast and hard to keep the front end down at mid range. Off the line it does pretty good but past 20 mph the front end comes up way to easy. Mine was fun with the Adaptto MaxE but crazy fun with the Nucular controller. After seeing j bjork hit 23 KW I feel I need to turn mine up to see what that’s like.

You need more amps to get the “twitchy” feeling your wanting.

Tom

Attachments

• D170953F-8628-4309-9601-AAAC0B99DE65.jpeg
    D170953F-8628-4309-9601-AAAC0B99DE65.jpeg
    160.2 KB · Views: 410
Back