Resurrect Best stock TSZD firmware.

Supra

1 mW
About 3 years ago i bought a tsdz motor off a guy who imported a batch into Australia. Since then I've bought another 3 tsdz motors and none of them have had the same power and finesse. Ive put OSF firmware onto these motors, which has made them very good, but i still think the original motor has a slight edge in power and i just like the way it delivers power.
I downloaded the firmware off the original motor, saved 3 files- program memory, data memory and option bytes, but when i transferred them onto another motor , it simply did not work and VCLD5 display showed a full battery as flat.
Can anyone advise me how to preserve this firmware, it would be a real shame to lose it, as it is so good to ride.

Supra said:
Can anyone advise me how to preserve this firmware, it would be a real shame to lose it, as it is so good to ride.
Here you can find a good source how to flash stock firmware and also you can download the stock files too
The difference with OSF is that STVP for stock fw must be set to device "STM8S105x4" (for OSF "STM8S105x6")

Supra said:

Any chance you could do a bit of file comparison to see whether or not this actually is a different firmware, or just happened to be stock firmware on a particularly good hardware example, where the torque sensor calibration, hall sensor calibration etc etc all lined up to give a particularly great performance?

Elinx said:
Supra said:
Here you can find a good source how to flash stock firmware and also you can download the stock files too
The difference with OSF is that STVP for stock fw must be set to device "STM8S105x4" (for OSF "STM8S105x6")

I didnt know about x4 and x6 , thanks.

Blacklite said:
Supra said:

Any chance you could do a bit of file comparison to see whether or not this actually is a different firmware, or just happened to be stock firmware on a particularly good hardware example, where the torque sensor calibration, hall sensor calibration etc etc all lined up to give a particularly great performance?

Maybe, but a friend had same experience , so i dont think so. I dont know much about coding, but the files looked different.

Supra said:
I didnt know about x4 and x6 , .....
Yes, this is important, because the file with x6 is about twice as big. You must backup/restore with ...x4
When the flashing doesn't go, you can insert 16 zeros in the Program Memory tab for clearing all and try flashing again.

Elinx said:
Supra said:
I didnt know about x4 and x6 , .....
Yes, this is important, because the file with x6 is about twice as big. You must backup/restore with ...x4
When the flashing doesn't go, you can insert 16 zeros in the Program Memory tab for clearing all and try flashing again.

Thanks

Back