TSDZ2/OSF: Does torque sensor calibration affect Human Power?

PeteCress

1 kW
Paoli (near Philadelphia) Pennsylvania USA
860c: 20.1c-22
TSDZ2: 0.20.1

As an 80+ year-old user, I find it hard to believe that I can put out 220+ watts in a sprint and 150 sustained.

Do I need to go through the Torque Sensor Calibration procedure to get more correct values?

If so, can anybody point me to a "Torque Calibration for Dummies" procedure?

I cannot figure out the instructions in my copy of the docs - especially the part about standing on the pedals to get Max Torque, since my instance is on a recumbant tadpole trike.

It would seem that "Standing on Pedals" could be computed from user body weight and crank arm length...

I can't answer your question, but IMO most of the readings are not really accurate, except for easily measurable and quantifiable electrical data. The other stuff that is derived or calculated not so much. IMO. I don't know what it is like yet to be 80 something and everyone is different so I can't opine on whether those numbers are reasonable for you. They'd be low for me, but then I am a young pup... in my 60s. And I haven't and won't bother to see what the TSDZ2 OSF says, because I wouldn't believe it anyway.

PeteCress said:
860c: 20.1c-22
TSDZ2: 0.20.1

As an 80+ year-old user, I find it hard to believe that I can put out 220+ watts in a sprint and 150 sustained.

Do I need to go through the Torque Sensor Calibration procedure to get more correct values?

If so, can anybody point me to a "Torque Calibration for Dummies" procedure?

I cannot figure out the instructions in my copy of the docs - especially the part about standing on the pedals to get Max Torque, since my instance is on a recumbant tadpole trike.

It would seem that "Standing on Pedals" could be computed from user body weight and crank arm length...
Yes, you need to calibrate the torque sensor to get the best readings of pedal human power.

You need to figure out how to do it in your case as I do not think anyone wrote notes for how to do it on your type of bicycle - you could do it to help the next ones after you.

Back