REWARD for solution! Cyclone 3kw to Kelly KBS48101X connection.

Sparfuchs

1 kW
Hello EV friends,

i'm desperately trying to run a cyclone 3000W motor with a kelly KBS48101X controller and i'm willing to transfer a reward to whoever manages to give me the solution that solves my problem !!!

I don't know what else i could try. What i've tried yet was connecting the phase wires and hall wires in all 36 combinations. I tried all combinations with 60 and 120 degree set on the controller. I tried different settings on the controller like Auto_Identify. I checked the hall sensors and they were all changing between 0-5v depending on the position and i also checked the resistance/continuity (from ground to A,B,C sensor) and it was all the same value.. so they seem to be ok ? I also opened up the Motor to check if anything is damaged, but i'ts in great condition. The best results i could get by trying the 36 combinations was to slow and noisy moving and at the end the error code:" ¤¤ ¤¤¤¤ throttle error at power-up ".To be sure i also checked the throttle and its max. output was below 5v ... so it works fine. I recognized that at some positions are 5v on two of the hall sensors at the same time. I've read that this is normal and means that this are 120 degree sensors types, right ?

I really need your help and would be so thankful for any answer that gets me closer to the solution.

Thanks for your help.
Best regards Sparfuchs

Swap the 5v to the halls to the 12v.
I had to do this for a recent motor with my Kelly controller.
Has the same issue, tried all combinations when running 5v to the halls and all I could get was rough running.
Swapped the 5v to the 12v and wired up to the combination that’s was rough running and bingo it worked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you try the 12v?

It’s cable 11 found on the other (none hall) block.
I took it out the other block, put the other type of end on it and put it into the spare slot on the hall block.

GoldenBunip said:
Did you try the 12v?

It’s cable 11 found on the other (none hall) block.
I took it out the other block, put the other type of end on it and put it into the spare slot on the hall block.
Thank you so so much for your help GoldenBunip,

i haven't tried it yet because i guess i still have to try the 36 combinations again with the 12v powered halls and 120 degree hall type right ? I'll try it as soon as possible and report about my result...probably today after work :)
But i'm very optimistic that you found the problem and the solution because now i also recognized that the lunacycle tutorials explain it the same way. I'll come back to you and the reward as soon as i tried it and know it it works.
For now, thanks a lot again.

Hopefully you took notes when testing the combinations. If so just go with the hall degree and combination that ran forward but roughly.

Not worries about the reward, just hoping I’ve helped.

GoldenBunip said:
Hopefully you took notes when testing the combinations. If so just go with the hall degree and combination that ran forward but roughly.

I made it !! It works !! Thank you so much for your awesome help GoldenBunip! i'd never have thought of that solution by myself so i insist to give you the promised reward and wrote you a message :)

Does someone know if it is 60 or 120 degree hall sensor type ? Both seems to work but there have to be a "right" setting i guess ?

Not got any knowledge of the cyclone motor myself, but you can work it out from the signals

If you can only ever get two open (12v now [emoji3]) it’s 120, if you can get all three open at the same time is 60.

Nice diagrams here:
https://community.parker.com/technologies/electromechanical-group/w/electromechanical-knowledge-base/174/general---hall-sensors-60-vs-120degrees

Congrats and good job. Nice suggestion.

GoldenBunip said:

i made a interesting discovery with the settings and the combinations.
I connected the halls to the 12v and set the controller to auto identification. And finally it worked.. i thought.
The motor sounded normal to me and rotated much faster than before so i thought that's how its used to be. But i've never had a cyclone motor before so i asked myself "how do i know if this is already the best i could get out of it" and decided to get through the 36 possible combinations again and started with the first combination. Then the motor rotated twice as fast (or even more) than it did before and had a higher sound so i thought or still think this is the real way the motor runs when used right. As the auto identification mode switches off after it saved the info it needs, the controller still had the information of the combinations i used before i changed them. So the saved information was not matching to the combinations i used when it worked great. Then i activated the idetif. function again an suddenly the same combination that worked great worked only like the first time when i thought it works (so slower). And whatever combination i tried, when using the identif. function it only ran like the first time. So i conclude that it was a lucky coincidence that i saved a combination that worked so well with the changed combinations and i'll get the best results by trying the 36 combinations WITHOUT using the auto identification function. I just wanted to share that in case that information helps anybody else and maybe someone knows why this worked so weird in my case ?

Back