Mobipus 72600 and Zero 75-7

The Zero motor comes with a Sine-Cosine style rotor shaft position sensor. If the Mobipus can accept that input, it would work great. If the Mobipus only takes hall sensor inputs, you could add the hall sensors into the Zero motor (I think, haven't done it myself) to make it work.

Most likely, once you get the programming software and setup passwords from Mobipus (assuming they will talk to you and provide you with these, which is not guaranteed), so that you can set it up and tune it to work with that motor. LIke many programmable controllers, you'll have to do this for any motor you use with it...but the company hasn't been known for it's helpfulness or responsiveness in the past.

As LiveForPhysics notes, you might need to change position encoder hardware in the motor to match what the controller supports.

One post regarding their password / setup system:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=103377&hilit=mobipus#p1512648

Dui said:
Good luck with Mobipus.... Their password system is a huge pain.
I can't remember for sure what were the passwords. Something like "Mobipus" was unlocking the "user Mode" (whatever that was, not sure it will be enough for you but as I recall you would be able to set a few parameters, like throttle, current and some other stuff. Very limited though), but then you had two other levels to mod various settings, and for those you had to ask the Mobipus guys so they would give you a password valid for one hour... Complete nonsense.
That's one of the reason their company isn't stable and will probably go down, the product itself isn't bad, but how they manage it is completely stupid.
Anyway, if you want to get it to work you absolutely need to get in touch with their customer support.
Another, including levels of access in a chart, where all you have access to is the stuff with an O in it (an X means you can't access that without that level's password specific to that software). So as a user, you cannot tune a controller to work with a specific motor (if it works out of box, great...if not, you have to get distributor-level access).
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=86225&start=125#p1427853
romelec said:
Here are the differnet parameters for each level, from the documentation I took from SamD website a few months ago.
In the files there was also a TeamViewer installer, why do they want to take remote control of the PC running the software ?
access_level[1].PNG
access_level.PNG
The asterisk is not defined in the spec but I guess the access level is configurable, so a user access for regen might be possible.

For direct sales that they want to do, they need to provide ~~at least an unlimited distributor access (with brake & regen)~~ a full access and of course without internet requirement.

I find it greatly encouraging that the manufacturer site (located via this site, last updated a couple of weeks ago https://tracxn.com/d/companies/mobipus.com ) doesn't have any content:
http://mobipus.com/
Web Server's Default Page

This page is generated by Plesk, the leading hosting automation software. You see this page because there is no Web site at this address.

You can do the following:

Create domains and set up Web hosting using Plesk.

The only place I could actually locate any "official" info on them is the only reseller of them I can find, at ballaratebikes site. Some ES threads have discussed the problems of getting hold of anyone at that site, as well.

Personally I wouldn't want to get a controller that is forever dependent on the manufacturer and/or reseller for passwords / software to make the controller work if any tuning changes must be made to the system (such as replacing the motor due to failure, wear, or simply upgrading, for one example). If you can't reach them and can't make the system work (or work correctly) without doing this, you then bin their controller and all your investment and work / time spent learning and tuning, and start all over with someone else's stuff.

I'd rather get something that at least doesn't require the manufacturer / etc still exist and still can be bothered to talk to me. ;)

The hall sensor that lifeforphysics talked about for the 75-7 are made by RLS and are model RMB29 i believe.

https://www.rls.si/eng/rmb29-rotary-magnetic-module

Part Number RMB29EE12BS66

Choose:
1) Commutation single end
2) 5 periods per revolution (10 poles).
3) 4096 points per revolution
4) Square
5) Push-Pull UVW with Molex

web.main.10.00.rmb29.jpg

Doc

Btw i'm converting the 75-5 of my 2013 ZERO XU to Hall sensor with that RMB29 pcb that i already have. This is for my XU converted to FX

I will also rewind it to 74v instead of 102V with less turn and more parallel strands ( same copper fill)

I will use my BAC8000 controller at full 860 pA.

With about 500A batt i could get about 37kW ( 50hp)

Doc

TysonScott said:
Does anyone know if a zero 75-7 will work with the mobipus 72600?

No Idea for your specific question, sorry, but all I know is that you should avoid Mobipus, unless you got the passwords somehow (in which case please be nice and share it to the world XD).

But, good news maybe, I know for sure the Nanjing FarDrive can work with your motor, if you ask NanjingFarDrive to make it specifically for a sine/cosine unit. It does exist and I actually got one unit sitting here in the shop. :D
These controllers are even better than the mobipus, the one I got here can go up to 1800 Amps per phase but some less crazy options exist in their lineup :wink:

Doctorbass said:
Btw i'm converting the 75-5 of my 2013 ZERO XU to Hall sensor with that RMB29 pcb that i already have. This is for my XU converted to FX

Y'a moyen de suivre ca quelque part? ca a l'air cool ! si tu as un lien vers un thread ce serait top!

Dui said:
TysonScott said:
Does anyone know if a zero 75-7 will work with the mobipus 72600?

No Idea for your specific question, sorry, but all I know is that you should avoid Mobipus, unless you got the passwords somehow (in which case please be nice and share it to the world XD).

But, good news maybe, I know for sure the Nanjing FarDrive can work with your motor, if you ask NanjingFarDrive to make it specifically for a sine/cosine unit. It does exist and I actually got one unit sitting here in the shop. :D
These controllers are even better than the mobipus, the one I got here can go up to 1800 Amps per phase but some less crazy options exist in their lineup :wink:

How much are they? how big? the main reason i was looking at the mobipus 72600 was because the programming looked easer and had the dash build it. it also was small enough to fit in the airbox of a crf450. i had heard of the password system but i thought you just got on password to use it, but now that i found out its just for an hour, that is stupid. how big is the fardriver that you have? how much are they? thanks alot!

TysonScott said:
How much are they? how big? the main reason i was looking at the mobipus 72600 was because the programming looked easer and had the dash build it. it also was small enough to fit in the airbox of a crf450. i had heard of the password system but i thought you just got on password to use it, but now that i found out its just for an hour, that is stupid. how big is the fardriver that you have? how much are they? thanks alot!

Dimensions are 240 x 155 x 75 mm, It's similar to the mobipus, but it can deliver much more power.
My model number is ND8418800 but has been specifically build for encoders, normally they are made for hall sensors.

As for the price, I don't know, you should ask them directly because it will not be the same in all countries I suppose. But I guess it's comparable to the mobipus, maybe a tad higher.

Doctorbass said:
The hall sensor that lifeforphysics talked about for the 75-7 are made by RLS and are model RMB29 i believe.

https://www.rls.si/eng/rmb29-rotary-magnetic-module

Part Number RMB29EE12BS66

Choose:
1) Commutation single end
2) 5 periods per revolution (10 poles).
3) 4096 points per revolution
4) Square
5) Push-Pull UVW with Molex

web.main.10.00.rmb29.jpg

Doc
If i get the RMB29, and install it, then the motor would have hall sensors right? would it work with the FarDriver ND961800? are they hard to swap or is it just a quick job?

Encoder chips can be tricky to setup. I would think it's easier to do the remote mounted hall pcb. Someone here made a nice thread about it.

Back