VOTOL EM-200/2

Leeoskar

10 µW
The EM-200/2 is an updated version of the EM-200. Please add any information of value here in this thread.

I just received one and I will use it together with a QS 138 90H Liquid Cooled. This setup will go into a jetski conversion project. Would be interesting to know how much juice I can squeeze out of that controller. Its rated to 72V, but can it handle 22s or maybe 24s?

Also, I will try to convert this controller from air-cooled to liquid- cooled and post updates in this thread.
View attachment 01 Controller Interface.pdf
em2002.jpg

Thank you so much for posting the "Controller Interface" document! I've been looking everywhere for the EM-200/2 pinout and have been coming up dry :bigthumb: :bigthumb: :bigthumb: Where did you find that document, if I may ask?

Also: have you had the notorious "Communicaiton abnormal, no response" error when attempting to connect to and program the controller? I've been deadlocked on it for weeks. I've tried three different USB-to-serial converters (including the one that QS Motor ships with the controller that I purchased), and about every wiring configuration and port setup that I can think of.

My current hypothesis is either a bad driver (that W10 issue with the Prolific chipset detailed in Link #1 below) or I'm not wiring up the E-stop and/or parking brake correctly and it's preventing the connection (although I followed the EM-200/2 manual from SiAECOSYS shown in Link 2 as best I could). Any help would be appreciated!

Link 1: https://community.spiceworks.com/to...g-support-for-usb-to-serial-converter-chipset
Link 2: http://www.siaecosys.com/upfile/202203/2022030461497777.pdf

Hi there fellow hobbist, I'm also experiencing the same problem @davopus. Just replying in case someone comes up with a work around. Gonna try out the FarDriver 400a in the near future as I've been stuck troubleshooting the 200/2 for about 3 months with various CAN bus cables.

Update: I didn't manage to solve this issue on the Votol; however, after switching to a Kelly Controller KLS7245H model and receiving a similar error I was able to deduce that the motor I was attempting to run had a faulty Hall sensor. Replacing the sensor fixed the issue for the KC controller, but I never circled back to see if it also worked for the Votol. Sharing this in the hope that it is of some use @Fazoobs

Back