6 pairs on stator - alternator conversion

blinkboi

1 µW
hey guys, I've embarked on trying to convert an alternator to a motor. Judging by the info available online forums/youtube etc. it seems most of these alternators are 3 phase delta configuration. However, the alternator I have at hand has 6 pairs of wires, 3 pairs of these show continuity and the other 3 pairs show continuity. I've seen this post https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=93224 but I'm failing to see if the OP actually succeeded at the conversion, gave up or used two controllers.

I've gone ahead and clipped the wires and they seem to show continuity in a different order. Attaching photos for reference.

Would someone be able to tell if I could actually combine the ends (not pairs) to wires that show continuity and then further combine pairs to reduce these to 3 phases or this is not going to work at all? I'm not sure what configuration this alternator is in.

The first image is the continuity tests on the pairs. Second one is after I snipped the pairs to expose 12 start/ends in the windings.

WhatsApp Image 2022-08-12 at 11.51.30 PM.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2022-08-13 at 12.02.11 AM.jpeg

Back