Are there differences in the magnets between different KV motors?

MangDav

10 mW
I currently have an QS 273 V3 5T motor and I'm trying to change it to 3.5T. I found one locally but it's just the hub motor without rim. I was thinking about taking out the stator out of that one and putting it inside my hub. They are both the same model, they both visually look the same and both have same drop out with the only difference being the winding count. With that being said, could there be a casing or a magnet difference depending on the winding that could negetively effect the 3.5T motor inside the "5T" casing? Or should swapping out the stators be plug & play?

Yeah should swap find. If they are the same magnet "H" version ( 40H, 50H, 70H) of the motors. 273 comes in a few versions .

DogDipstick said:
Yeah should swap find. If they are the same magnet "H" version ( 40H, 50H, 70H) of the motors. 273 comes in a few versions .

Thanks for the reply. The motor I'm getting says the magnet height is 40mm in the listing and I contacted the supplier where I got my motor from and they said that QS 273 8000w's are 40H but can't confirm the motor that I have. They only sell bicycle versions of QS motors and they commonly come in 40H so I think that's why they are saying they are only 40H because they are not aware of the motorcycle versions so I will safely assume that I have 40H. It seems that 28H, 50H and 70H QS 273 motors are mostly used in motorcycle versions. There is a number lasered on my motor that is "220709 11645T" I'm not sure if it's motor specs or just a serial/model name, the only portion I understand is the very end which is "5T".

Back