Sevcon Gen4 Configuration

EDG123

10 µW
Hi all,

I am trying to configure 2 Gen4 (type4) controllers working in master-slave mode to control a pair of ME1012 PMAC motors.

After uploading the .dcf file in the thread below, I have lost the ability to communicate with the controllers.

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=54186

The LED on the master controller stays solid green while the LED on the slave controller flashes briefly when power is first applied.

I get two green LEDs on the CAN converter

..and some data appearing in the CAN window

However when I try to use the DVT Helper, I get the following error -

Trying to login gives the following message -
Login failed. SDO write to 0x5000,2 returned Timeout
SDO write to 0x5000,2 returned Timeout

The Vehicle Interface still shows the status of gear switches and throttle position

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Try setting your CAN comunications at different frequencies.

OK I have managed to gain communication with one of the controllers but the other is still not playing ball.

When its switched on the external LED flashes twice quickly and then switches off, it also comes on very briefly when the power is cut.
One data line appears in the CAN window, then nothing.

I have tried the bootloader backdoor mode command on all frequencies with no success.

Is there any other way to reset the unit?

It turned out that the controller was stuck in boot loader mode.

Firmware files have been re-uploaded, just need to sort out the configuration now...

The node ID's were both set to 1, so just had to connect to each controller separately to upload the firmware. Then change the node ID's back to 1 & 2.

Hello EDG123,
I seem to have the same problem. Although unlike your case, I just one GEN4 and I am facing the exact same problem after uploading a new DCF file. I am not able to get the SEVCON talk with the CAN and the helper says no nodes on the BUS. So the question is how exactly did you manage to get the communication back up and manage to flash a new firmware. Your help is highly appreciated!
Thanks in advance
-1zac

1zac said:
Hello EDG123,
I seem to have the same problem. Although unlike your case, I just one GEN4 and I am facing the exact same problem after uploading a new DCF file. I am not able to get the SEVCON talk with the CAN and the helper says no nodes on the BUS. So the question is how exactly did you manage to get the communication back up and manage to flash a new firmware. Your help is highly appreciated!
Thanks in advance
-1zac
You need to exit bootloader.
Also make sure the communication frequency is set right (try them all)

Hi all,
i work on the master/slave mode too. But the problems i met seem to be more. Now what i can achieve is that only one side of the wheel can work smoothly but the other side can not run. The first problem for me is that i can not change the working node. When i use the object 0x5900 to change the node ID, all the parameters i have set are the same. I mean not only the Sync COB-ID but also the PDOs. And when i try to configure the SDO channel, it occur the SDO timeout error. Can someone send me a good dcf.file in master/slave mode? I will be greatly appreciated for your help.
Ming

hi all sevcon experts,
i have just still a question. I don't mount an encoder on my mobil. Is the encoder necessory or not if i want to controll the motor in master/slave mode.
Ming

I recently picked up a Dragon 8 controller second hand. When trying to enter the Helper I get the following messages. I have tried exiting bootloader mode, I have tried the "create_eds 1" command, and no luck. Any other suggestions? I have an older unlicensed version of DVT with the v1.6 IXXAT, maybe the older setup doesn't work with the Dragon 8 controller?

Attachments

• Sevcon Login Erro.jpg
    Sevcon Login Erro.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 566
  • Sevcon Login Error 2.jpg
    Sevcon Login Error 2.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 566
Back