24/36v Using a 48v controller

dumbass

100 kW
I want to build a trimmer for the side of my tractor. What I have seen on the pre-made market is pure crap. I bought a 12v to 36v brushed motor. My intention is to use existing components for everything else. I have a 48v x 11.6ah li=ion pelican pack, 48v x 50a brushed controller and half twist throttle. I plain to remove the spring in the throttle and limit it to about 24v output. Or could I use an adjustable resister of some kind? And if needed kick it up to 36v or higher.

My question is; Am I correct that the controller is actually just controller the voltage. And when the motor see heavier loads the controller feeds it more amps.? If this is basically correct then running a 12v/24v/36v brushed motor with a 48v system should work fine. I did something similar with 24v brushed EZip motors and the same 48v system. Except with the EZip I wanted full power and wasn't overly worried with over heating it.

Thanks, Bob

NEW MOTOR I bought for the project:

http://www.amazon.com/AmpFlow-E30-150-Brushed-Electric-Motor/dp/B009YJOD56?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

do not use a resistor. you need to watch the current in order to prevent blowing up the motor.

running a 36v motor at 48v at the same amps will also blow it up. current need to be lowerd in roder to keep within the wattage of the motor.
you can do this with any programmable controller mentioned on this forum.
also: voltage only tells you how fast the motor spins, current tells you what will break first.

also running higher voltage might cause the motor to burn out. 48v is probably fine but setting the trottle to half will not do anything against that.

Back