Hello guys, and thanks for this great thread and work for an open source firmware.
I am trying to build a new ebike with the following setup:
- Bafang TQ sensor SR PA231.32.ST
- Bafang autoshift 2 speed (but TBH I have no clue how to use that with the KT controller)
- Throttle for a lazy mode
- 18 Mosfet KT controller
- dual 15s batteries in parallel (Max 63v)
- KT LCD3
- I have replaced the 2 resistors and 2 LM by a 15v bucket
I'm using the Torque from X4 fork of the GitHub.
I have few questions I would like to check with you guys.
1) The first strange behavior with the LCD was probably linked to the XOR checksum : display was not providing any useful infos
Yet, I provide here some hints for other users but let me know if I didn't get the point. So I sniffed the Tx line from the LCD and got the following packets: (I just supposed that 0x0E was the terminal byte like other screens but I'm not sure actually) : 0x12,0x05, 0xF4, 0x5C, 0x20,0x5C,0x18,0xEA,0x04,0x14,0x01,0x32,0x0E
. I run the tool in the wiki and got the output attached to this post. I just supposed that I have to select the ui8_j value where (ui8_crc^ui8_j) and ui8_rx_buffer matches, therefore 28 but actually I have no clue here. I then added ((ui8_crc ^ 28) == ui8_rx_buffer ) in the display.c file and actually LCD then begins displaying stuff. So I guess that's fine.
2) I noticed a second strange behavior with the LCD : every time I plug the battery, display turns on. When I want to turn it off, I can using the switch but then when I want to turn it on again it doesn't work. However I have noticed that the throttle can work when the display is off. Any advise here ?
3) I followed the mapping of this https://www-pedelecforum-de.translate.g ... r_pto=wapp
even if my colours where differents I used the pint numbers. Then made this wiring:
BB TQsr >>>>>>> KT controller
Pin 1 : GND >>>>>> GND black wire from the PAS plug
Pin 5 : 5V+ >>>>>> +5V brown wire from the PAS plug (actually it's more 4.5v but anyway)
Pin 3 : Torque >>>> X4 wire from the PCB
Pin 4 : PAS >>>>>>> PAS Yellow wire from the PAS plug
not sure it's really working actually but still need to investigate the option of the OSEC configurator. It seems that the wheel (in the air) tries to keep the same speed even when I stop pedaling, but I don't feel the acceleration of the motor speeding up when I pedal faster. Yet the thumb throttle works. Any advise here too?