Sevcon Gen4 with M-1304 Motor

packers23

1 µW
Hello Everyone,

I am looking to program a ME-1304 motor with a Sevcon Gen4 controller. I was wondering if anyone has a .dld or a .dcf file available for the configuration? I have been playing around with it for a long time and I can get the bus traffic data reading and it also reads the analog inputs from the potentiometers, but I haven't been able to spin the motor.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hi, If I understand well you have already IXXAT USB-to-CAN card with licensed DVT or DVTC software working? What voltage would you like to use?

Hello,

Yes, I do have the IXXAT USB to CAN cable and the DVT software. I would like to run it at 96V. A 72V file for testing purposes will be useful too.

Thank You :)

Send me PM with your email.

The second but also important predisposition, is if you have proper version of Sevcon controller with the hardware support of sin-cos sensor? (it is used on the ME-1302) If so, we can make it run.

I have several dcf files for ME1302 motor with sevcon gen 4 size 2,4,6 controllers for 48, 80, 100 volts.
Also I have the IXXAT USB to CAN cable and the DVT software. I want to clear some bugs out of my software and compare coefficients from different dcf. I ready to change dcf files. Send me PM if you intersting that.

After discussion with the packer23, it seems to me that for the ME1302 and ME1304 there is just one .DCF with the same motor constansts. The only changes are in Battery limits which do not have impact on motor behavior. Unfortunally they both have major issues in motor control. I think that the problem is also in axial flux motor design. Because with the same firmware(software) and the proper .DCF the Zero 75-7 motors runs flawlessly.

According datashit ME-1304 has phase inductance 0.066mH and ME-1302 has phase inductance 0.14mH. So then we give the same voltage to each one thay must produce different torque, proportional to different inductance (both motors have same magnets in rotor). If we don't give load to the motors, the motor with less inductance (ME-1304) will have higher speed.
So the Ke koefficients (Volts per rads/s) in this two motors must be different. Ke from official dcf from John Firenza for ME-1302 motor equal 0.032 Volts/(rads/s). John said that he has not dcf for ME-1304, but he has dcf for ME-1114 with the same rotor and stator with Ke=0.021 Volts/(rads/s). Dcf comes to me from Pajda for ME-1304 motor also have Ke equal it to ME-1114. So the diifferent motors have different torque-speed curvs!

I meant that for each type of motor there is only one .DCF configuration file and it seems that both files for both motors unfortunately did not work well.

Is it possible to get the DCF file for the ME1302 motor ? I am trying to get this motor working to the sevcon gen4 size6

Thanks

sanfox said:
I have several dcf files for ME1302 motor with sevcon gen 4 size 2,4,6 controllers for 48, 80, 100 volts.
Also I have the IXXAT USB to CAN cable and the DVT software. I want to clear some bugs out of my software and compare coefficients from different dcf. I ready to change dcf files. Send me PM if you intersting that.

Hello.
I am finding a dcf files for ME1302 motor with sevcon gen 4 size 4 controllers for 110 volts 300A.

These are our controller information

Software ver is 0705.0012
Software Checksum : 0x01C3
Config Checksum : 0x8A60
Hardware ver : 0x010a0001
Product Code : 0x07056E1E

I want to get a dcf file which is match with our powertrain.
I hope your response :)

Back