TSDZ2 mid drive with 860C, 850C or SW102 displays only -- Flexible OpenSource firmware (Casainho code only)

Electric Motors and Controllers
Heisenberg60   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 16
Joined: Sep 05 2020 4:35am

Re: TSDZ2 mid drive with 860C, 850C or SW102 displays only -- Flexible OpenSource firmware (Casainho code only)

Post by Heisenberg60 » May 01 2021 2:02am

dameri wrote:
May 01 2021 1:34am
Elinx wrote:
Apr 30 2021 4:38pm
Heisenberg60 wrote:
Apr 30 2021 2:55pm
....
is there any "real" difference between the 500 and 750 watt versions, eg a differtent controller ? or is it just a software limitation ?
No, No, Yes
There are just two motor types 36V 4000RPM and 48V 4000RPM, all other hardware and electronics are the same.
There are 2 controller types, the new 2020 type can't be programmed yet, only the older one.
ok thats good to know, i didn`t know there was a new controller.
But how do i know which controller they use ?
i guess it`s the new one, because i didn`t now that there was a version from TSDZ with the 850C at the beginning.
No, No, Yes
You should seriously think to buy 860c display. It is much more better in sunlight. And also modern looking.
[/quote]
thanks, i will keep it in mind in case i won`t buy this kit.
So far i was quite statisfied with my 850C.

Elinx   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 844
Joined: Aug 09 2019 6:58am

Re: TSDZ2 mid drive with 860C, 850C or SW102 displays only -- Flexible OpenSource firmware (Casainho code only)

Post by Elinx » May 01 2021 4:48am

Heisenberg60 wrote:
May 01 2021 2:02am
....... i didn`t know there was a new controller.
But how do i know which controller they use ? .....
Mostly they advertise with "Edition 2020". But otherwise you can't know.
I only saw this new 2020 controller at the German Enerprof shop.

dameri   100 W

100 W
Posts: 234
Joined: Sep 20 2018 10:57am

Re: TSDZ2 mid drive with 860C, 850C or SW102 displays only -- Flexible OpenSource firmware (Casainho code only)

Post by dameri » May 01 2021 5:44am

I bought new TSDZ2 motor from PSWPower about two weeks ago and it has old controller.

livello   1 µW

1 µW
Posts: 4
Joined: Oct 09 2020 10:25am

Re: TSDZ2 mid drive with 860C, 850C or SW102 displays only -- Flexible OpenSource firmware (Casainho code only)

Post by livello » May 05 2021 1:06am

I use TSDZ2 controller with my panasonic 2-gang motor. Worked fine until I connect DC-DC converter to power line and powered 20W fan for active cooling motor. After 300km in the forest 60 kilometers from home I burned my sw102 display, fried 3 capacitors 2 63V on TSDZ2 controller and 1 63V on DC-DC converter.

Can you help me identify the dead element?


Image
Image
Image
Image

dameri   100 W

100 W
Posts: 234
Joined: Sep 20 2018 10:57am

Re: TSDZ2 mid drive with 860C, 850C or SW102 displays only -- Flexible OpenSource firmware (Casainho code only)

Post by dameri » May 05 2021 1:43am

Is there any wiring diagram for the 860C display. This suddenly ceased operations. Maybe there was a short circuit in TSDZ2.
860C_Board.JPG
860C_Board.JPG (497.34 KiB) Viewed 1334 times
860C_Board1.JPG
860C_Board1.JPG (500.5 KiB) Viewed 1334 times

casainho   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 5777
Joined: Feb 14 2011 2:43pm

Re: TSDZ2 mid drive with 860C, 850C or SW102 displays only -- Flexible OpenSource firmware (Casainho code only)

Post by casainho » May 05 2021 1:49am

dameri wrote:
May 05 2021 1:43am
Is there any wiring diagram for the 860C display. This suddenly ceased operations. Maybe there was a short circuit in TSDZ2.

860C_Board.JPG

860C_Board1.JPG
My 860C also stopped to work suddenly, while the bicycle was on the garage. And it is expensive and I do not know how to repair it, also there is no way to repair it without damaging the enclosure and lost the waterprof.

That is why I am abandoning the displays and prefer the wireless controller as it is cheap and easy to repair if needed.
- TSDZ2 and OpenSource EV display: 128x64 OLED display, easy to build as DIY, Bluetooth and ANT, OTA wireless updates, easy to repair and customize for other EVs.
- TSDZ2 FAQ: issues and repairs, etc
- TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware

Developer of OpenSource knowledge and technology for ebikes: OpenSource EV display, Wireless EBike standard ANT+ and Bluetooth, TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware, KT motor controllers and displays.

dameri   100 W

100 W
Posts: 234
Joined: Sep 20 2018 10:57am

Re: TSDZ2 mid drive with 860C, 850C or SW102 displays only -- Flexible OpenSource firmware (Casainho code only)

Post by dameri » May 05 2021 2:23am

I don't have to skills to repair but if I find wiring diagram I can go to local electronic shop and ask if they want to fix it. I think the display can be water proof again when it is put back together with glue.

casainho   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 5777
Joined: Feb 14 2011 2:43pm

Re: TSDZ2 mid drive with 860C, 850C or SW102 displays only -- Flexible OpenSource firmware (Casainho code only)

Post by casainho » May 05 2021 2:39am

dameri wrote:
May 05 2021 2:23am
I don't have to skills to repair but if I find wiring diagram I can go to local electronic shop and ask if they want to fix it. I think the display can be water proof again when it is put back together with glue.
Both SW102 and 860C displays were made to not be repaired as they have no screws at all and are fully glued, unlike the old 850C display that has screws to be opened. Here in Europe we are starting to get conscious about repair and there are news laws about the right to repair, mainly because of the environment.
- TSDZ2 and OpenSource EV display: 128x64 OLED display, easy to build as DIY, Bluetooth and ANT, OTA wireless updates, easy to repair and customize for other EVs.
- TSDZ2 FAQ: issues and repairs, etc
- TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware

Developer of OpenSource knowledge and technology for ebikes: OpenSource EV display, Wireless EBike standard ANT+ and Bluetooth, TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware, KT motor controllers and displays.

dameri   100 W

100 W
Posts: 234
Joined: Sep 20 2018 10:57am

Re: TSDZ2 mid drive with 860C, 850C or SW102 displays only -- Flexible OpenSource firmware (Casainho code only)

Post by dameri » May 05 2021 2:49am

casainho wrote:
May 05 2021 2:39am
dameri wrote:
May 05 2021 2:23am
I don't have to skills to repair but if I find wiring diagram I can go to local electronic shop and ask if they want to fix it. I think the display can be water proof again when it is put back together with glue.
Both SW102 and 860C displays were made to not be repaired as they have no screws at all and are fully glued, unlike the old 850C display that has screws to be opened. Here in Europe we are starting to get conscious about repair and there are news laws about the right to repair, mainly because of the environment.
Yes it't good law. But it takes a long time before it works in practice. And I think Chinese don't care about it. Europe can obviously affect that to not buy products from China.

casainho   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 5777
Joined: Feb 14 2011 2:43pm

Re: TSDZ2 mid drive with 860C, 850C or SW102 displays only -- Flexible OpenSource firmware (Casainho code only)

Post by casainho » May 05 2021 2:55am

dameri wrote:
May 05 2021 2:49am
Yes it't good law. But it takes a long time before it works in practice. And I think Chinese don't care about it. Europe can obviously affect that to not buy products from China.
Part of the law says we will have a signal when buying the product, like the previous law that added obligation for energetic efficiency signal - and that works very well, everyone buy the most efficient products!! so, Chinese or other European brands, will need to take care about it. And for instance, as is said, TSDZ2 motor controller V2 was developed because an European costumer asked and the only change to V2 was added capabilities that improves motor efficiency and lowers motor noise, so yes, what we want works :-)
- TSDZ2 and OpenSource EV display: 128x64 OLED display, easy to build as DIY, Bluetooth and ANT, OTA wireless updates, easy to repair and customize for other EVs.
- TSDZ2 FAQ: issues and repairs, etc
- TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware

Developer of OpenSource knowledge and technology for ebikes: OpenSource EV display, Wireless EBike standard ANT+ and Bluetooth, TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware, KT motor controllers and displays.

gomyles   1 W

1 W
Posts: 50
Joined: Nov 13 2019 12:54pm

Re: TSDZ2 mid drive with 860C, 850C or SW102 displays only -- Flexible OpenSource firmware (Casainho code only)

Post by gomyles » May 11 2021 8:38pm

dameri wrote:
Apr 26 2021 3:51am
I ask here too.

I’m so confused. I programmed the new controller and STVisual Programer flash software and says memories succesfully veryfied. Then I turn the power on and nothing happens. I've tried different cables, changed the TX and RX cable places, not success. I also have a brand new TSDZ2 motor with exactly same problem. Although I didn't try to see if it worked with the stock software, I immediately installed OSF, but it doesn't work. I've tried to put stock firmware back to motor according the instructions of the Eco cycles but motor do not start. Displays stays blank.

I have not had any problems with previous motors. OSF has been installed right away and everything has worked fine. Now nothing works. Would there be any solution to the problem


I am having the exact same issue with my 850C Displays. They are not powering on. Tried 2 of them, both brand new. I uploaded the file on APT Burn Tool and it reached 100 percent, but they will not power on. These are 850c displays and the serial on them looks as though they were made in March 2021 so they are very new. Are the newest versions not able to accept the OSF tune?

They would not power on when plugged into the bootloader or when plugged into the motor.

Makes me think I just fried two of these displays .... Wonderful.

mctubster   1 kW

1 kW
Posts: 305
Joined: Feb 26 2018 6:21am

Re: TSDZ2 mid drive with 860C, 850C or SW102 displays only -- Flexible OpenSource firmware (Casainho code only)

Post by mctubster » May 11 2021 9:31pm

gomyles wrote:
May 11 2021 8:38pm
dameri wrote:
Apr 26 2021 3:51am
I ask here too.

I’m so confused. I programmed the new controller and STVisual Programer flash software and says memories succesfully veryfied. Then I turn the power on and nothing happens. I've tried different cables, changed the TX and RX cable places, not success. I also have a brand new TSDZ2 motor with exactly same problem. Although I didn't try to see if it worked with the stock software, I immediately installed OSF, but it doesn't work. I've tried to put stock firmware back to motor according the instructions of the Eco cycles but motor do not start. Displays stays blank.

I have not had any problems with previous motors. OSF has been installed right away and everything has worked fine. Now nothing works. Would there be any solution to the problem


I am having the exact same issue with my 850C Displays. They are not powering on. Tried 2 of them, both brand new. I uploaded the file on APT Burn Tool and it reached 100 percent, but they will not power on. These are 850c displays and the serial on them looks as though they were made in March 2021 so they are very new. Are the newest versions not able to accept the OSF tune?

They would not power on when plugged into the bootloader or when plugged into the motor.

Makes me think I just fried two of these displays .... Wonderful.
They are recoverable. There was a post about this a few months ago. Someone had a patch for the newer 850c display but I don’t believe it was ever submitted. If you flash the 860 firmware on your 850 screen and you see the boot screen on believe it should work. Let me try to find the post

gomyles   1 W

1 W
Posts: 50
Joined: Nov 13 2019 12:54pm

Re: TSDZ2 mid drive with 860C, 850C or SW102 displays only -- Flexible OpenSource firmware (Casainho code only)

Post by gomyles » May 12 2021 5:35am

mctubster wrote:
May 11 2021 9:31pm
gomyles wrote:
May 11 2021 8:38pm
dameri wrote:
Apr 26 2021 3:51am
I ask here too.

I’m so confused. I programmed the new controller and STVisual Programer flash software and says memories succesfully veryfied. Then I turn the power on and nothing happens. I've tried different cables, changed the TX and RX cable places, not success. I also have a brand new TSDZ2 motor with exactly same problem. Although I didn't try to see if it worked with the stock software, I immediately installed OSF, but it doesn't work. I've tried to put stock firmware back to motor according the instructions of the Eco cycles but motor do not start. Displays stays blank.

I have not had any problems with previous motors. OSF has been installed right away and everything has worked fine. Now nothing works. Would there be any solution to the problem


I am having the exact same issue with my 850C Displays. They are not powering on. Tried 2 of them, both brand new. I uploaded the file on APT Burn Tool and it reached 100 percent, but they will not power on. These are 850c displays and the serial on them looks as though they were made in March 2021 so they are very new. Are the newest versions not able to accept the OSF tune?

They would not power on when plugged into the bootloader or when plugged into the motor.

Makes me think I just fried two of these displays .... Wonderful.
They are recoverable. There was a post about this a few months ago. Someone had a patch for the newer 850c display but I don’t believe it was ever submitted. If you flash the 860 firmware on your 850 screen and you see the boot screen on believe it should work. Let me try to find the post
I will give it a shot with the 860 firmware, thank you for sharing

gomyles   1 W

1 W
Posts: 50
Joined: Nov 13 2019 12:54pm

Re: TSDZ2 mid drive with 860C, 850C or SW102 displays only -- Flexible OpenSource firmware (Casainho code only)

Post by gomyles » May 12 2021 7:34am

mctubster wrote:
May 11 2021 9:31pm
gomyles wrote:
May 11 2021 8:38pm
dameri wrote:
Apr 26 2021 3:51am
I ask here too.

I’m so confused. I programmed the new controller and STVisual Programer flash software and says memories succesfully veryfied. Then I turn the power on and nothing happens. I've tried different cables, changed the TX and RX cable places, not success. I also have a brand new TSDZ2 motor with exactly same problem. Although I didn't try to see if it worked with the stock software, I immediately installed OSF, but it doesn't work. I've tried to put stock firmware back to motor according the instructions of the Eco cycles but motor do not start. Displays stays blank.

I have not had any problems with previous motors. OSF has been installed right away and everything has worked fine. Now nothing works. Would there be any solution to the problem


I am having the exact same issue with my 850C Displays. They are not powering on. Tried 2 of them, both brand new. I uploaded the file on APT Burn Tool and it reached 100 percent, but they will not power on. These are 850c displays and the serial on them looks as though they were made in March 2021 so they are very new. Are the newest versions not able to accept the OSF tune?

They would not power on when plugged into the bootloader or when plugged into the motor.

Makes me think I just fried two of these displays .... Wonderful.
They are recoverable. There was a post about this a few months ago. Someone had a patch for the newer 850c display but I don’t believe it was ever submitted. If you flash the 860 firmware on your 850 screen and you see the boot screen on believe it should work. Let me try to find the post

So I tried the 860c firmware on the 850c screen. After holding the power button the screen does light up, but as soon as I let go of the power button it shuts off. Even if I hold it for 20+ seconds, it will not actually initialize it. Just holds the screen there.

Can you or anyone point me to the patch or firmware version for the newest 850c screens?

mctubster   1 kW

1 kW
Posts: 305
Joined: Feb 26 2018 6:21am

Re: TSDZ2 mid drive with 860C, 850C or SW102 displays only -- Flexible OpenSource firmware (Casainho code only)

Post by mctubster » May 12 2021 7:44am

gomyles wrote:
May 12 2021 7:34am

So I tried the 860c firmware on the 850c screen. After holding the power button the screen does light up, but as soon as I let go of the power button it shuts off. Even if I hold it for 20+ seconds, it will not actually initialize it. Just holds the screen there.

Can you or anyone point me to the patch or firmware version for the newest 850c screens?
Here is the post. I don't have a build env so I can't patch sorry

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=93818&p=1623369&hi ... c#p1623369

gomyles   1 W

1 W
Posts: 50
Joined: Nov 13 2019 12:54pm

Re: TSDZ2 mid drive with 860C, 850C or SW102 displays only -- Flexible OpenSource firmware (Casainho code only)

Post by gomyles » May 12 2021 5:24pm

mctubster wrote:
May 12 2021 7:44am
gomyles wrote:
May 12 2021 7:34am

So I tried the 860c firmware on the 850c screen. After holding the power button the screen does light up, but as soon as I let go of the power button it shuts off. Even if I hold it for 20+ seconds, it will not actually initialize it. Just holds the screen there.

Can you or anyone point me to the patch or firmware version for the newest 850c screens?
Here is the post. I don't have a build env so I can't patch sorry

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=93818&p=1623369&hi ... c#p1623369

Is that the program needed to open up the 850c.bin file ? Build env ?


Can anyone do this? Willing to compensate anyone to if so via Paypal
This is the code from the mctubster's post

bikelpl wrote:
Mar 02 2021 1:44pm
casainho wrote:
Feb 28 2021 3:56am
mctubster wrote:
Feb 28 2021 3:34am
casainho wrote:
Feb 28 2021 3:23am

Probably and old and incorrect hardware version of 850C. The best bet is to use the 860C display as there are no reports of such issues with it.
Thanks for the reply casainho. I did wonder that and checked the back of the screen. Looks like manufacture 2021! don’t disagree re the 860c screen.B6A8EB97-7D29-4B0B-AB93-32E5D4C4E8F9.jpeg
Maybe I should change the wiki instructions and remove the 850C, as even if some old and this recent version does not work, so no point to recomend it.
I also have the newest 850C display. I managed to run it with OSF.

Below init code works with newest 850C display marked as "TFTGD3V2.3LF60"
It is mix of 860C init.
I don't know how to add this to github and how to make this code to be automatically chosen between different versions of displays so i paste it here. Maybe someone else possibly could add it to github repository.

Code: Select all

void display_8x0C_lcd_init() {
    // next step is needed to have PB3 and PB4 working as GPIO
    /* Disable the Serial Wire Jtag Debug Port SWJ-DP */
    GPIO_PinRemapConfig(GPIO_Remap_SWJ_JTAGDisable, ENABLE);
    
    GPIO_InitTypeDef GPIO_InitStructure;
    GPIO_InitStructure.GPIO_Pin = LCD_READ__PIN;
    GPIO_InitStructure.GPIO_Speed = GPIO_Speed_50MHz;
    GPIO_InitStructure.GPIO_Mode = GPIO_Mode_Out_PP;
    GPIO_Init(LCD_READ__PORT, &GPIO_InitStructure);
    
    GPIO_InitStructure.GPIO_Pin = LCD_RESET__PIN;
    GPIO_InitStructure.GPIO_Speed = GPIO_Speed_50MHz;
    GPIO_InitStructure.GPIO_Mode = GPIO_Mode_Out_PP;
    GPIO_Init(LCD_RESET__PORT, &GPIO_InitStructure);
    
    GPIO_InitStructure.GPIO_Pin = LCD_COMMAND_DATA__PIN;
    GPIO_InitStructure.GPIO_Speed = GPIO_Speed_50MHz;
    GPIO_InitStructure.GPIO_Mode = GPIO_Mode_Out_PP;
    GPIO_Init(LCD_COMMAND_DATA__PORT, &GPIO_InitStructure);
    
    GPIO_InitStructure.GPIO_Pin = LCD_CHIP_SELECT__PIN;
    GPIO_InitStructure.GPIO_Speed = GPIO_Speed_50MHz;
    GPIO_InitStructure.GPIO_Mode = GPIO_Mode_Out_PP;
    GPIO_Init(LCD_CHIP_SELECT__PORT, &GPIO_InitStructure);
    
    GPIO_InitStructure.GPIO_Pin = LCD_WRITE__PIN;
    GPIO_InitStructure.GPIO_Speed = GPIO_Speed_50MHz;
    GPIO_InitStructure.GPIO_Mode = GPIO_Mode_Out_PP;
    GPIO_Init(LCD_WRITE__PORT, &GPIO_InitStructure);
    
    GPIO_InitStructure.GPIO_Pin = 0xffff;
    GPIO_InitStructure.GPIO_Speed = GPIO_Speed_50MHz;
    GPIO_InitStructure.GPIO_Mode = GPIO_Mode_Out_PP;
    GPIO_Init(LCD_BUS__PORT, &GPIO_InitStructure);
    
    // disable reset
    GPIO_SetBits(LCD_RESET__PORT, LCD_RESET__PIN);
    
    // default to write mode
    GPIO_SetBits(LCD_READ__PORT, LCD_READ__PIN);
    
    // keep chip select active
    GPIO_ResetBits(LCD_CHIP_SELECT__PORT, LCD_CHIP_SELECT__PIN);
    
   
    lcd_IC_t type = LCD_ST7796;

        delay_ms(120);
        lcd_write_command(0x11);
        delay_ms(120);

        lcd_write_command(0x36);
        lcd_write_data_8bits(0x48);

        lcd_write_command(0x3A);
        lcd_write_data_8bits(0x55);

        lcd_write_command(0xF0);
        lcd_write_data_8bits(0xC3);

        lcd_write_command(0xF0);
        lcd_write_data_8bits(0x96);

        lcd_write_command(0xB4);
        lcd_write_data_8bits(0x01);

        lcd_write_command(0xB7);
        lcd_write_data_8bits(0xC6);

        lcd_write_command(0xC0);
        lcd_write_data_8bits(0xF0);
        lcd_write_data_8bits(0x35);

        lcd_write_command(0xC1);
        lcd_write_data_8bits(0x15);

        lcd_write_command(0xC2);
        lcd_write_data_8bits(0xAF);

        lcd_write_command(0xC3);
        lcd_write_data_8bits(0x09);

        lcd_write_command(0xC5);     //VCOM
        lcd_write_data_8bits(0x06);

        lcd_write_command(0xC6);
        lcd_write_data_8bits(0x00);

        lcd_write_command(0xE8);
        lcd_write_data_8bits(0x40);
        lcd_write_data_8bits(0x8A);
        lcd_write_data_8bits(0x00);
        lcd_write_data_8bits(0x00);
        lcd_write_data_8bits(0x29);
        lcd_write_data_8bits(0x19);
        lcd_write_data_8bits(0xA5);
        lcd_write_data_8bits(0x33);

        lcd_write_command(0xE0);
        lcd_write_data_8bits(0x70);
        lcd_write_data_8bits(0x00);
        lcd_write_data_8bits(0x05);
        lcd_write_data_8bits(0x03);
        lcd_write_data_8bits(0x02);
        lcd_write_data_8bits(0x20);
        lcd_write_data_8bits(0x29);
        lcd_write_data_8bits(0x01);
        lcd_write_data_8bits(0x45);
        lcd_write_data_8bits(0x30);
        lcd_write_data_8bits(0x09);
        lcd_write_data_8bits(0x07);
        lcd_write_data_8bits(0x22);
        lcd_write_data_8bits(0x29);

        lcd_write_command(0xE1);
        lcd_write_data_8bits(0x70);
        lcd_write_data_8bits(0x0C);
        lcd_write_data_8bits(0x10);
        lcd_write_data_8bits(0x0F);
        lcd_write_data_8bits(0x0E);
        lcd_write_data_8bits(0x09);
        lcd_write_data_8bits(0x35);
        lcd_write_data_8bits(0x64);
        lcd_write_data_8bits(0x48);
        lcd_write_data_8bits(0x3A);
        lcd_write_data_8bits(0x14);
        lcd_write_data_8bits(0x13);
        lcd_write_data_8bits(0x2E);
        lcd_write_data_8bits(0x30);

       // lcd_write_command(0x21);

        lcd_write_command(0xF0);
        lcd_write_data_8bits(0xC3);

        lcd_write_command(0xF0);
        lcd_write_data_8bits(0x96);

        delay_ms(120);

        lcd_write_command(0x29);
    
    delay_ms(25);
    // End of display configuration
    // @geeksville board reads back as 0x2, 0x4, 0x94, 0x81, 0xff - a legit ili9481
    write_pulse_duration = 0; // enable fast writes
    
    // Note: if we have some devices still not working, we might need to add a READ command to 0xbf (8.2.39) to read
    // the chip id of the failing units - this would allow us to see the vendor code of whoever made the display and
    // confirm it is a 9481 (or if different - what it is)
    
    // It is worth noting that the display controller has a small amount of non volatile memory.  I bet the mfg of the
    // 850C is checking that code in their firmware, and based on that value chosing to flip the display horizontally
    // if needed (via command 0x36)
    
    // Initialize global structure and set PSET to this.PSET.
    UG_Init(&gui, lcd_pixel_set, DISPLAY_WIDTH, DISPLAY_HEIGHT);
    // Register acceleratos.
    UG_DriverRegister(DRIVER_FILL_FRAME, (void*) HW_FillFrame);
    UG_DriverRegister(DRIVER_DRAW_LINE, (void*) HW_DrawLine);
    UG_DriverRegister(DRIVER_FILL_AREA, (void*) HW_FillArea);   

    //UG_DriverEnable ( DRIVER_FILL_FRAME ) ;
   // UG_DriverEnable ( DRIVER_DRAW_LINE ) ;
   // UG_DriverEnable ( DRIVER_FILL_AREA ) ;
}

Monoski   1 µW

1 µW
Posts: 1
Joined: May 13 2021 9:19pm

Re: TSDZ2 mid drive and 850C and SW102 displays only -- Flexible OpenSource firmware (Casainho code only)

Post by Monoski » May 13 2021 9:26pm

casainho wrote:
Mar 15 2020 12:58pm
And last time I use the bike the battery went down to the empty state. No motor power on. And after this, with the battery full, I think the display did not communicate with the motor because after power up the screen stayed in the same screen I sent today. There was no error message because was 0.6.5 release.
Brakes error means there is no communication from the TSDZ2 controller to display, can be for various reasons but once installation is done and ok, the problem is mostly probably because brakes are pressed at startup.

Seems you are out of luck but at least with this latest firmware version you have the feedback that motor controller is not communicating. You should at least check the motor TX wire. Also is the display that enables the motor controller power/voltage, make sure that wire has the needed power, you can measure with a multimeter, should be the battery voltage when the display is on.

Did you pull for some reason the cable from display to the motor controller?? That can be the reason... Or any connector on this cable...
I'm getting the Brakes Error message but I do not run brake sensors. My bike was running great for several weeks after installing a new TSDZ2 and 860c but it quit on my ride today and I tried doing a reset. Tried unplugging everything but I get nothing. Just the start up screen then after a few minutes Brakes error.

faust   10 µW

10 µW
Posts: 5
Joined: May 14 2021 12:53am

Re: TSDZ2 mid drive and 850C and SW102 displays only -- Flexible OpenSource firmware (Casainho code only)

Post by faust » May 14 2021 1:11am

Monoski wrote:
May 13 2021 9:26pm
casainho wrote:
Mar 15 2020 12:58pm
And last time I use the bike the battery went down to the empty state. No motor power on. And after this, with the battery full, I think the display did not communicate with the motor because after power up the screen stayed in the same screen I sent today. There was no error message because was 0.6.5 release.
Brakes error means there is no communication from the TSDZ2 controller to display, can be for various reasons but once installation is done and ok, the problem is mostly probably because brakes are pressed at startup.

Seems you are out of luck but at least with this latest firmware version you have the feedback that motor controller is not communicating. You should at least check the motor TX wire. Also is the display that enables the motor controller power/voltage, make sure that wire has the needed power, you can measure with a multimeter, should be the battery voltage when the display is on.

Did you pull for some reason the cable from display to the motor controller?? That can be the reason... Or any connector on this cable...
I'm getting the Brakes Error message but I do not run brake sensors. My bike was running great for several weeks after installing a new TSDZ2 and 860c but it quit on my ride today and I tried doing a reset. Tried unplugging everything but I get nothing. Just the start up screen then after a few minutes Brakes error.
I have the same problem. After disconnecting the battery for charging and reconnecting it, the display shows e: brakes. I checked the higo 8pin cable with a multimeter, verified the display-cable connections. I'm using SW102. Today I will connect VLCD5 and verify. I will add that STLink works.

casainho   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 5777
Joined: Feb 14 2011 2:43pm

Re: TSDZ2 mid drive and 850C and SW102 displays only -- Flexible OpenSource firmware (Casainho code only)

Post by casainho » May 14 2021 1:17am

faust wrote:
May 14 2021 1:11am
I have the same problem. After disconnecting the battery for charging and reconnecting it, the display shows e: brakes. I checked the higo 8pin cable with a multimeter, verified the display-cable connections. I'm using SW102. Today I will connect VLCD5 and verify. I will add that STLink works.
If is not brakes, that probably is fail of communication with the motor controller. If not, I do not know what can be.
- TSDZ2 and OpenSource EV display: 128x64 OLED display, easy to build as DIY, Bluetooth and ANT, OTA wireless updates, easy to repair and customize for other EVs.
- TSDZ2 FAQ: issues and repairs, etc
- TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware

Developer of OpenSource knowledge and technology for ebikes: OpenSource EV display, Wireless EBike standard ANT+ and Bluetooth, TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware, KT motor controllers and displays.

faust   10 µW

10 µW
Posts: 5
Joined: May 14 2021 12:53am

Re: TSDZ2 mid drive and 850C and SW102 displays only -- Flexible OpenSource firmware (Casainho code only)

Post by faust » May 14 2021 1:20am

casainho wrote:
May 14 2021 1:17am
faust wrote:
May 14 2021 1:11am
I have the same problem. After disconnecting the battery for charging and reconnecting it, the display shows e: brakes. I checked the higo 8pin cable with a multimeter, verified the display-cable connections. I'm using SW102. Today I will connect VLCD5 and verify. I will add that STLink works.
If is not brakes, that probably is fail of communication with the motor controller. If not, I do not know what can be.

I know this, but what could have happened while disconnecting or connecting the battery? The short circuit that damaged the controller? Since the controller responds to STLink, it should be operational.
The problem has been described several times on this forum, but I haven't found a solution anywhere.

casainho   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 5777
Joined: Feb 14 2011 2:43pm

Re: TSDZ2 mid drive and 850C and SW102 displays only -- Flexible OpenSource firmware (Casainho code only)

Post by casainho » May 14 2021 1:24am

faust wrote:
May 14 2021 1:20am
casainho wrote:
May 14 2021 1:17am
faust wrote:
May 14 2021 1:11am
I have the same problem. After disconnecting the battery for charging and reconnecting it, the display shows e: brakes. I checked the higo 8pin cable with a multimeter, verified the display-cable connections. I'm using SW102. Today I will connect VLCD5 and verify. I will add that STLink works.
If is not brakes, that probably is fail of communication with the motor controller. If not, I do not know what can be.

I know this, but what could have happened while disconnecting or connecting the battery? The short circuit that damaged the controller? Since the controller responds to STLink, it should be operational.
The problem has been described several times on this forum, but I haven't found a solution anywhere.
Seems someone solved by programming the fuses, maybe the default fuses values or something. You need to check the microntroller datasheet to findd what are the default values and try.
- TSDZ2 and OpenSource EV display: 128x64 OLED display, easy to build as DIY, Bluetooth and ANT, OTA wireless updates, easy to repair and customize for other EVs.
- TSDZ2 FAQ: issues and repairs, etc
- TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware

Developer of OpenSource knowledge and technology for ebikes: OpenSource EV display, Wireless EBike standard ANT+ and Bluetooth, TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware, KT motor controllers and displays.

faust   10 µW

10 µW
Posts: 5
Joined: May 14 2021 12:53am

Re: TSDZ2 mid drive with 860C, 850C or SW102 displays only -- Flexible OpenSource firmware (Casainho code only)

Post by faust » May 14 2021 3:29am

I understand correctly that if the controller works with STLink, it should be working at all?

AZUR   100 W

100 W
Posts: 209
Joined: Apr 05 2018 6:52am

Re: TSDZ2 mid drive and 850C and SW102 displays only -- Flexible OpenSource firmware (Casainho code only)

Post by AZUR » May 14 2021 6:26am

faust wrote:
May 14 2021 1:11am
Monoski wrote:
May 13 2021 9:26pm
casainho wrote:
Mar 15 2020 12:58pm
And last time I use the bike the battery went down to the empty state. No motor power on. And after this, with the battery full, I think the display did not communicate with the motor because after power up the screen stayed in the same screen I sent today. There was no error message because was 0.6.5 release.
Brakes error means there is no communication from the TSDZ2 controller to display, can be for various reasons but once installation is done and ok, the problem is mostly probably because brakes are pressed at startup.

Seems you are out of luck but at least with this latest firmware version you have the feedback that motor controller is not communicating. You should at least check the motor TX wire. Also is the display that enables the motor controller power/voltage, make sure that wire has the needed power, you can measure with a multimeter, should be the battery voltage when the display is on.

Did you pull for some reason the cable from display to the motor controller?? That can be the reason... Or any connector on this cable...
I'm getting the Brakes Error message but I do not run brake sensors. My bike was running great for several weeks after installing a new TSDZ2 and 860c but it quit on my ride today and I tried doing a reset. Tried unplugging everything but I get nothing. Just the start up screen then after a few minutes Brakes error.
I have the same problem. After disconnecting the battery for charging and reconnecting it, the display shows e: brakes. I checked the higo 8pin cable with a multimeter, verified the display-cable connections. I'm using SW102. Today I will connect VLCD5 and verify. I will add that STLink works.
Hi,

I had a problem that the engine / display crashed.

What happened was that the controller was deprogrammed.
After downloading the firmware on the controller, the problem continued.

After several tests I found that the "Option bytes" of the controller were not correct. I fixed this problem and everything was fine again.

Regards

Azur

faust   10 µW

10 µW
Posts: 5
Joined: May 14 2021 12:53am

Re: TSDZ2 mid drive and 850C and SW102 displays only -- Flexible OpenSource firmware (Casainho code only)

Post by faust » May 14 2021 7:24am

AZUR wrote:
May 14 2021 6:26am
faust wrote:
May 14 2021 1:11am
Monoski wrote:
May 13 2021 9:26pm
casainho wrote:
Mar 15 2020 12:58pm

Brakes error means there is no communication from the TSDZ2 controller to display, can be for various reasons but once installation is done and ok, the problem is mostly probably because brakes are pressed at startup.

Seems you are out of luck but at least with this latest firmware version you have the feedback that motor controller is not communicating. You should at least check the motor TX wire. Also is the display that enables the motor controller power/voltage, make sure that wire has the needed power, you can measure with a multimeter, should be the battery voltage when the display is on.

Did you pull for some reason the cable from display to the motor controller?? That can be the reason... Or any connector on this cable...
I'm getting the Brakes Error message but I do not run brake sensors. My bike was running great for several weeks after installing a new TSDZ2 and 860c but it quit on my ride today and I tried doing a reset. Tried unplugging everything but I get nothing. Just the start up screen then after a few minutes Brakes error.
I have the same problem. After disconnecting the battery for charging and reconnecting it, the display shows e: brakes. I checked the higo 8pin cable with a multimeter, verified the display-cable connections. I'm using SW102. Today I will connect VLCD5 and verify. I will add that STLink works.
Hi,

I had a problem that the engine / display crashed.

What happened was that the controller was deprogrammed.
After downloading the firmware on the controller, the problem continued.

After several tests I found that the "Option bytes" of the controller were not correct. I fixed this problem and everything was fine again.

Regards

Azur
THANKS A LOT! It works :) I uploaded option from emmebrusa TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-1.
@casainho - can you add this to wiki?
Last edited by faust on May 14 2021 7:31am, edited 1 time in total.

casainho   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 5777
Joined: Feb 14 2011 2:43pm

Re: TSDZ2 mid drive and 850C and SW102 displays only -- Flexible OpenSource firmware (Casainho code only)

Post by casainho » May 14 2021 7:29am

faust wrote:
May 14 2021 7:24am
AZUR wrote:
May 14 2021 6:26am
faust wrote:
May 14 2021 1:11am
Monoski wrote:
May 13 2021 9:26pm


I'm getting the Brakes Error message but I do not run brake sensors. My bike was running great for several weeks after installing a new TSDZ2 and 860c but it quit on my ride today and I tried doing a reset. Tried unplugging everything but I get nothing. Just the start up screen then after a few minutes Brakes error.
I have the same problem. After disconnecting the battery for charging and reconnecting it, the display shows e: brakes. I checked the higo 8pin cable with a multimeter, verified the display-cable connections. I'm using SW102. Today I will connect VLCD5 and verify. I will add that STLink works.
Hi,

I had a problem that the engine / display crashed.

What happened was that the controller was deprogrammed.
After downloading the firmware on the controller, the problem continued.

After several tests I found that the "Option bytes" of the controller were not correct. I fixed this problem and everything was fine again.

Regards

Azur
THANKS A LOT! It works :)
@casainho - can you add this to wiki?
Yes, please add to the FAQ or other place that makes sense.
- TSDZ2 and OpenSource EV display: 128x64 OLED display, easy to build as DIY, Bluetooth and ANT, OTA wireless updates, easy to repair and customize for other EVs.
- TSDZ2 FAQ: issues and repairs, etc
- TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware

Developer of OpenSource knowledge and technology for ebikes: OpenSource EV display, Wireless EBike standard ANT+ and Bluetooth, TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware, KT motor controllers and displays.

Post Reply