ME1616 + Sevcon Gen4 Size 6 Issue

Upperfoot

100 W
Hello guys,

Bit stumped with an issue I'm having when revving the motor up past 4000 RPM, it reaches 3900~ and then proceeds to roll back instantly and locks the RPM to 3150~ unless I reduce throttle back, I'll refer to this as the "event".

At the moment I have the current and torque set to low values which stops this error from happening (0x5C23 Current Control Fault), but still produces the same result with it rolling back and locking the RPM to 3150.

Here is my encoder alignment (made sure that its commissioned).

ZtPbN6s.png

Here is a video of what happens (listen to the noise it makes when the event happens)

[youtube]OwQMvJ96Zys[/youtube]

Here is another video of what happens (look at the voltage modulation and rpm being frozen)

[youtube]ESEkHAyEfRo[/youtube]

Here is a video of the trace of the Vehicle Interface in DVT (look at the voltage modulation and rpm being frozen when the event happens)

[youtube]sT-ZoYkvpPk[/youtube]

And here is a current control graph when the roll back happens (the dip occurs when the event happens)

1HFLlDy.png

If anyone has any ideas it would help me get one step closer!

sanfox said:
It looks like exceeding pwm wide. What about ke set in firmware of the motor in your controller?

Thanks Sanfox, I received a ME1507 DCF from John Fiorenza at Motenergy, he said its the same as the ME1616, so Ke should be the same

SXKHx8M.png

3880 RPM is the maximum rotation speed for this motor with your voltage without FW. So in some case the FW mechanism don't want to work. So max drive mod index rise up the 90% and controller begine to brake. What about Id set of your motor? May be it set to zero?

Try to load your motor by some gear, it's possible that FW PI control makes mistake at low loads.

sanfox said:
I know him. Are you solve this roblem? What was the reason of it?

Yeah it was resolved, as to why I'm really unsure, there are quite a few things different from the one I modified to his (Encoder offset being the biggest difference), I want to understand what the original problem is as well so I'm going to delve into it to fully understand why it was resolved.

Be shure that encoder wire has sheld and routing far from power cabels! You don't first who has problems with encoder.
Also sin/cos signals must locate in strictrly corridor of voltages. If you will get success with your gocart, please tell more and show more videos about your controller and motor expluatation.

Yeah I'm going to be running it away from the power cables when I start mounting everything, at the moment its floating around a bit until I get a few brackets made for the motor, controller and battery box, need to think about the radiator/pump/reservoir as well.

I opted for 50mm2 unshielded cable for inside the battery box, but I'll be swapping the cable runs from the controller to the battery box with shielded 50mm2 so shouldn't be any issues

Hello,

I'm doing a similar project on go kart in France.
I bought a complete kit with motor ME1616 and controller Sevcon GEN4 8055 here : https://evea-kartmasters.fr/en/

20181215-120951.jpg

Do you accept to share your motor configuration file ?

Thanks

Hello, I have similar problem with voltage modulation going up to 115% at about 2500rpm, but I’m my case controller disconnects contactor and says current control fault. Maybe someone can help to find solution for this? Or maybe share dcf file for gen 4 size 2 and ME1118 motor?

Hey Upperfoot, im on a similar project with same motor. Would you mind to share your fixed DCF file for ME1616 with a Size6?? Thanks in advance.

I can can’t get my me 1507 motor to spin with the sevcon gen4 s4 It just makes a noise but no physical spinning of the spindle.
I owe Thierry at kit elect shop from France for helping me get this far and with the difference in time zones it really limits the help he is able to provide and I hate to ask for more. If anyone can help get me back on this bike even if it’s just one last whooora ride before this virus attempts to strip mylife from this sphere I’d be very thankful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello Upperfoot,

I'm from Indonesia. I'm doing a project, Convert Gasoline Car to EV Car and make it to Electric Autonomous Vehicle (EAV)
I bought a complete kit with motor ME1616 and controller Sevcon GEN4 Size 6. And use DVT and IXXAT bought from thunderstruck-ev.com. My motor is connected to the controller, but rotates back and forth only a few degrees of rotation. I've been trying to configure it so that it rotates perfectly. But the results are still the same. Do you accept to share your motor configuration file ?
I am very grateful if you can help me to make my ME1616 motor can rotate perfectly.

Thank You,

Regards.

Elvijs said:
Hello, I have similar problem with voltage modulation going up to 115% at about 2500rpm, but I’m my case controller disconnects contactor and says current control fault. Maybe someone can help to find solution for this? Or maybe share dcf file for gen 4 size 2 and ME1118 motor?

Hey! I got the same error today, what did you do to solve it?

Br

Rikard

Robinev said:
I can can’t get my me 1507 motor to spin with the sevcon gen4 s4 It just makes a noise but no physical spinning of the spindle.
I owe Thierry at kit elect shop from France for helping me get this far and with the difference in time zones it really limits the help he is able to provide and I hate to ask for more. If anyone can help get me back on this bike even if it’s just one last whooora ride before this virus attempts to strip mylife from this sphere I’d be very thankful.

Did you get it up and running with the size 4? Do you mind sharing the dcf-file?

Thanks

Rikard

Hey I also have an me1616 that wont sping just makes noise have any of you figured it out ?

path2sea said:
Hey I also have an me1616 that wont sping just makes noise have any of you figured it out ?
Did commission motor? It makes noise should be a good sign with no faults is even better

Hello guys,

Bit stumped with an issue I'm having when revving the motor up past 4000 RPM, it reaches 3900~ and then proceeds to roll back instantly and locks the RPM to 3150~ unless I reduce throttle back, I'll refer to this as the "event".

At the moment I have the current and torque set to low values which stops this error from happening (0x5C23 Current Control Fault), but still produces the same result with it rolling back and locking the RPM to 3150.

Here is my encoder alignment (made sure that its commissioned).

ZtPbN6s.png

Here is a video of what happens (listen to the noise it makes when the event happens)

[youtube]OwQMvJ96Zys[/youtube]

Here is another video of what happens (look at the voltage modulation and rpm being frozen)

[youtube]ESEkHAyEfRo[/youtube]

Here is a video of the trace of the Vehicle Interface in DVT (look at the voltage modulation and rpm being frozen when the event happens)

[youtube]sT-ZoYkvpPk[/youtube]

And here is a current control graph when the roll back happens (the dip occurs when the event happens)

1HFLlDy.png

If anyone has any ideas it would help me get one step closer!
If you have the values of Id and Iq in an excel or cvs I can see what is happening.

Back