Help wiring brakes.

Izzy2004

1 mW
Hello all, I sure do hope this is the correct sub-forum to post this in. But I am having troubles with wiring the rear brakes. I got everything right I think and everything works just not the back break. I still have no idea what the point of that yellow wire is also if I connect the "intelligent system" the bike start peddling backwards, that's quite the sight! And the EBS brake also seems to be useless? The speedo works but at half throttle is already over the 20A maxline. Lights and electrical work except break like for rear brakes only.
Maybe one of you guys can decipher from the pictures. The bike is a PB710 originally with a 2011 era 48v 17a controller that blew. Its essentially the donor for the plugs so the bike can remain intact. New controller is a brainpower 1000w 38A 48v KSDLM25.

Thank you in advance. Happy riding!

Here are the pictures.

https://imgur.com/a/8D7KJdY

After connecting the EBS wires, did you try shorting the low potential break wires?
I just want to make sure since there are some people that don't know that.

The identification procedure is used only once when connecting it to a new motor.
If the motor is spinning in the right direction, then there is no need to mess with it.

I may have missed one of your other questions, is the yellow wire coming off the bike and not the controller?
Maybe you could explain with more detail if you are still having issues.

I noticed that you expect someone to know where the wires go by looking at both Controler PCBs :roll:

I suggest you get a voltmeter and check the wires on the bike.
Look for continuity in the wires when you activate certain switches.

Sorry I just assumed that since the controller lines up with the output of the bike, one would just say to use those wires. And I thanks I didn't know about the shorting trick, but I realized I actually did it unknowingly and what happens is i don't get my motor running. I think the break and 3 phases are linked somehow.

Cheers. I have it running but no breaks. I think they are just manual but still work. So who knows...

Izzy2004 said:
I actually did it unknowingly and what happens is i don't get my motor running. I think the break and 3 phases are linked somehow.
That's the point of the ebrakes, to stop the motor.

As for front and rear brakes...unless you have two motors, one in each wheel, then your ebrake lines can't control both brakes. All they can do is shut off the single motor, whichever wheel it is in.

For "EBS" brake, if it is a middrive or a geared hubmotor, it can't actually do any braking of the bike--that only works with DD hubmotors. If the bike had electric braking that worked originally, but not with the new controller, you should check with the seller of the new one to make sure it can actually support that (some do, some don't). If it did not have electric braking before, it may have a motor type that can't do it.

Regarding pictures, if you use the attachments tab when posting, you can upload them directly into the post, so anyone reading the post can see the pictures, and they will always be accessible. External websites are not visible from everywhere or by everyone for various reasons.

Thank you guys for the input. The problem was solved with a little trick I like to call frying the controller~ Great success!

Back