Motor with ~10.000 rpm and >100kW peak?

What does "light" mean, for your project?

What does "reasonably priced" mean, for your project?

What size limitations do you have?

What type of motor are you looking for? (BLDC, Brushed, IPM, SPM, other induction, etc etc)

With ">100kW peak", what kind of continuous power are you looking for?

Those will all be factors in what motor might be suggested.

Yes, more data or more context would be good. But here's one that would probably reach at least 10k RPM before it comes undone, if you fail to apply an appropriate load:

https://www.ebay.com/p/GE-General-Electric-5by445a18g01-150-HP-DC-Electric-Motor-Shunt-Wound-500vdc/18005726680
s-l1200.jpg

Sorry for the delay.

Some more details. Essentially, motor needs to run for 60 seconds without overheating at 10.000 rpm and 150kW (power requirement increased since i wrote). Could also use two motors providing 75kw each.

Weight on the order of 25 kg. Reasonably priced means about $10.000.

Type of motor does not really matter, but from what i can tell brushless permanent magnet axial flux is the type that meets the requirements.

Found these that might manage 150kw at 10k rpm for 60 seconds:
* Phi271 (says it does 155kw for 60 seconds in the spec sheet, great!)
* Magelec M21R5-S (says 205kW for 20 seconds at 800v in the spec sheet, so maybe 150kw for 60 seconds is in range)

Found these that could be close to 75kw at 10k rpm for 60 seconds:
* TP100XL (says max volt 45V and max current 650A, and peak power 72kW.. that does not compute!?:p)
* MP240150 (says 100kw for a few seconds)

Not sure if there's a better way to apply the numbers in the specs to evaluate if they meet my reqs, or if there are better places to search than google. My biggest concern is that the specs are rubbish. I can't find many reports of people actually testing these at peak conditions.

Pointers appreciated.

Wait, what kind of person or organization has 10K for the motor alone, but can't pay an engineering consultant?

What is this going in? Why such precise specs from someone who just stepped off the plane into electric motor land?
--On a related note the specs for the motors are for current sent to the motor thru the phase wires not drawn from the battery. Input power is taken from the battery or whatever power source. And of course the motor is only partially efficient at full power so you'll only put maybe 70% of your peak power input to the ground.

Leaf motor is very heavy. To get 150kw at 25kg you may need a motor that spins faster than 10K. For that budget you can probably just get a custom motor made.

^-- yup

I'd recommend looking at the emrax lineup. Probably won't get the RPM you're looking for, but you'll get the power density and price you're looking for.

If you find them, they'll be on car forums, not likely here.

I googled this and the only people doing Emrax builds are university teams and companies. So the hobbyist passion forum documentation is not really there. Which is sensible because the motors are incredibly expensive and well into diminishing marginal utility territory. I'm sure Emrax also doesn't sell to individuals (not that this is a big barrier to the creative hobbyist).

Back