Help Hookup MY1020 Motor & Controller for Go Kart

Hello everyone,
I am working on a go kart project that has been on hold because we cannot get the motor to run

The motor is an 1800W BLDC: MY 1020

While the controller included a wiring diagram, I am still unable to successfully run the motor.

I have connected the three phase wires for the motor (green, yellow, blue) and the hall sensor plug block of five wires from the speed controller to the motor. This system seems to have a harness that leads to a set of other wires which is why I have attached a second picture below.

The wiring diagram says the orange and red wire is the ignition switch, and so I tried connecting them together and plugging in the battery but still nothing happens

Please help me out

EDIT:

Included the link to the pictures below:

aFd7bFP.jpg

ZIKsrOb.jpg

Thanks!

gocartpleasegokart said:
This system seems to have a harness that leads to a set of other wires
which is why I have attached a second picture below.
There is no second picture, and nothing is attached.

There is a single link to a site that gives me just a blank page except for thumbnails that couldn't be related to your post.

If you use the attachments tab below the text entry box when posting, and add files, you can upload your pictures directly to the forum so that anyone that can read your post can see your images. Without that, there are people that might have been able to help that will not be able to, because tehy will not have all the information.

You say there is a "system" that already has a set of wires.

What exactly are you starting out with, vehicle and all components, and what exactly are you adding, and what exactly are you removing? A complete list is necessary, including connections you have removed and connections you have made.

Controller is made by Kunray, couldn't find the exact model, but it's a 12 mosfet.

Found this site for Kunray controllers, and has other 12 mosfets with lot's of wire connect info.

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=AS_20190319104735&SearchText=kun+ray+controller

Also might be some info on this images link.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1680&bih=989&ei=RTyRXN6uOoPr_AbE76noDQ&q=1800w+my1020+motor+controller&oq=18&gs_l=img.1.0.35i39j0l9.4150.4797..8738...0.0..0.148.262.0j2......1....1..gws-wiz-img.....0.ji62I96okhA

amberwolf said:
gocartpleasegokart said:
This system seems to have a harness that leads to a set of other wires
which is why I have attached a second picture below.
There is no second picture, and nothing is attached.

There is a single link to a site that gives me just a blank page except for thumbnails that couldn't be related to your post.

If you use the attachments tab below the text entry box when posting, and add files, you can upload your pictures directly to the forum so that anyone that can read your post can see your images. Without that, there are people that might have been able to help that will not be able to, because tehy will not have all the information.

What exactly are you starting out with, vehicle and all components, and what exactly are you adding, and what exactly are you removing? A complete list is necessary, including connections you have removed and connections you have made.

Hey, I've linked the pictures through the imgur link. Could you let me know if it works?
Thanks

gocartpleasegokart said:
Hey, I've linked the pictures through the imgur link. Could you let me know if it works?

amberwolf said:

If you use the attachments tab below the text entry box when posting, and add files, you can upload your pictures directly to the forum so that anyone that can read your post can see your images.

Replaced link to imgur page in OP with img tags to the two pictures.

Unfortunately the images are still not visible; apparently imgur is another of those sites that I can't access. :(

But even wihtout the images, providing the other requested information would still help.

amberwolf said:
Unfortunately the images are still not visible; apparently imgur is another of those sites that I can't access. :(
Yeah, you use an older browser for various reasons. Had the same problem myself with imgur & others.

OP's images attached inline below.

amberwolf said:

amberwolf said:
But even wihtout the images, providing the other requested information would still help.

aFd7bFP.jpg
ZIKsrOb.jpg

Did you end up getting it working, I just got the same one but I haven't tested it yet I did notice mine has a connection labeled electrical lock not sure if that's the ignition one you were referring too but if yours has it then this may be needs to be connected for it to power up.

What power source were you using to power it? If you have a multimeter it might be worth checking the voltage and make sure the big red and black wires are done up tight. image.jpeg
View attachment 2

Back