Wireless throttle

Sebastien972

1 µW
Hi guys,

I'm converting a sailboat from a diesel to electric motor. The new motor is a 10kw Motenergy ME1115. The controller is a 48v Sevcon Gen4 450amp with regen.

Now, the throttle that was recommended to me is a Curtis ET-134 Hall sensor directional throttle. The thing is, I'm looking to be able to control the throttle wirelessly. I'll be sailing by myself most of the time and I'd like to control the boat to go forward and reverse from the bow when mooring or using the anchor or when tying the boat to the deck.

My understanding is that the sevcon controller is programmed to receive 0-5 k ohms from a throttle. Is it possible to get a RF or Bluetooth throttle to control it from a small remote control? I understand electric skateboards use a similar concept for remote controlled throttle. How can I do the same with my setup?

Also, unlike throttles that must remain engaged like those skateboard remotes, or a car pedal or motorcycle handlebar throttle, I'd need it to be able to remain in a constant position for when the same speed is needed for a long period of time.

Controlling it from my android phone would also be interesting.

Your help would be most appreciated. Thank you!

Back