Sur-Ron Battery upgrade

Bigman said:
What’s the most KW you can safely push using a asi bac 8000 on a zero 75-7 trying to go for 40-45KW or should I just get a sevcon size 6?

ASI BAC8000 can safely output 32KW. In expericene we made a Zero motor quite hot with controller temperature still under 80C.

martinmertik said:
Bigman said:
What’s the most KW you can safely push using a asi bac 8000 on a zero 75-7 trying to go for 40-45KW or should I just get a sevcon size 6?

ASI BAC8000 can safely output 32KW. In expericene we made a Zero motor quite hot with controller temperature still under 80C.

Do you sell/provide the encoder required for a Zero/Motenergy motor to be used with an ASI.

Is the ASI still 32kW limited?

Thanks,

c70r said:
martinmertik said:
Bigman said:

Do you sell/provide the encoder required for a Zero/Motenergy motor to be used with an ASI.

Is the ASI still 32kW limited?

Thanks,

Hey, correct BAC8000 can output 32KW. We also can sell correct encoder for ZF / Motenergy motor.

Does anybody know how to distinguish led blinking on Asi 2000 controller? Is there a description of its functionality somewhere?

Andrewol said:
Does anybody know how to distinguish led blinking on Asi 2000 controller? Is there a description of its functionality somewhere?

Hey, if controller was bought from me, please send me an email to info@bull-bikes.si and we will take a look at it.

Best regards

There is no indication of a better source anywhere

unless your location has a BAC shop nearby willing to deal with individual end users

john61ct said:
There is no indication of a better source anywhere

unless your location has a BAC shop nearby willing to deal with individual end users

I read through the comments and they look good. I'll keep,trying and let you guys know how it works out. I really want one of these

Just made an order through Martin let you know how it all turns out .

Tried multiple ways of contact found best way was through whatsapp.
Very helpful and quick to respond

phone
+38640845585

WhatsApp

https://bull-bikes.si

sammydastove said:

phone
+38640845585

WhatsApp

I was entering the number before, once I got,it right Martin got back with me immediately. So far so good!

Odogster said:
sammydastove said:

phone
+38640845585

WhatsApp

I was entering the number improperly before, once I got,it right Martin got back with me immediately. So far so good!

So I ordered an ASI BAC 855 from Martin, and I could not believe how quickly it arrived, were talking like 4 days to the US. I hooked it up immediately and was having some compatibility issues with the display so I contacted Martin. I was amazed that he answered immediately and then took the time out within an hour or two of me reporting the issue and remotely fixed my problem. He took his time and allowed me to ask as many questions as I wanted never once rushing me or telling me he had another appt. He gave me all the time I wanted. I am happy to say that Martin so far has provided me with the BEST SERVICE IVE EVER HAD in the ebike arena, possibly the entire technical arena. I cant say enough good things about this guy, his knowledge set is obviously vast and he knew how to diagnose and fix any issue that arose during configuration off the top of his head. There is no chance you will get a better vendor for ASI if you are on the fence take the jump and buy from Bull Bikes. I am usually a grumpy bastard too from dealing with other vendors who suck, like one on this site that rhymes with cryin. There was some negative feedback here but everyone has a bad day, or tech stuff fails so i can say any negative remarks are without merit as far as im concerned.

Martin you are the man!

Good to hear, sounds almost too good to be true.

We really needs vendors like these to be able to use ASI.

Hey Martin how about taking on Sevcon as well?

I forgot to mention that i did recveive my bac4000 there were a few issues martin walked me through and was able to resolve. very good response and customer service. would do buisness again and recommend.

And im pretty sure martin has the only ASI BACs on the planet. everywhere else world wide appears to be backordered.
and some how got me the package the same week i ordered it. slovania to canada for only 40 dollars shipping. :bigthumb:

Thank you very much for your feedback guys :D . We try very hard to please our customers. More orders are comming in for BAC controllers, Sur Ron batteries, ebike batteries, etc. so we will expand our business to 3 people. We also run local ebike shop and sometimes is just not enough time to answer questions right away especially due to different time zones.

We will keep trying to be the best as we can.

john61ct said:
Good to hear, sounds almost too good to be true.

We really needs vendors like these to be able to use ASI.

Hey Martin how about taking on Sevcon as well?
If I find any free time this year I may also try to work out something with Sevcon 😀

Hi, I have a small question about the 855,
The manual specifies 90A peak "phase current", but what is the peak battery current? I need to know the limit so I'll pick a strong enough battery to use it for max settings

Thanks

It is better for the battery to support **much** higher amps draw than you will actually ever pull from it IRL.

Especially if you want good longevity.

Pushing its limit does not just reduce potential performance of the whole rig, but kills the pack much faster.

Remember also, its capacity will be dropping every cycle, so the C-rate you're inflicting will soon get proportionally higher

john61ct said:
It is better for the battery to support **much** higher amps draw than you will actually ever pull from it IRL.

Especially if you want good longevity.

Pushing its limit does not just reduce potential performance of the whole rig, but kills the pack much faster.

Remember also, its capacity will be dropping every cycle, so the C-rate you're inflicting will soon get proportionally higher

I know, that's why I'm asking about the max current of the controller but it's a mystery :D

Very interested in getting an ASI BAC, but wondering if anyone can offer any guidance on which one I actually need. I want to use a QS205v3 3000w motor and hit a max of 40mph flat. I already have a 48v 64ah battery. Which version would I need, and is there anything else I need to get in order to make it work. Thank you!

kgff said:
The manual specifies 90A peak "phase current", but what is the peak battery current? I need to know the limit so I'll pick a strong enough battery to use it for max settings

Thanks

Hey, you could expect about a 60A peak DC draw according to my tests.

Tiber said:
Very interested in getting an ASI BAC, but wondering if anyone can offer any guidance on which one I actually need. I want to use a QS205v3 3000w motor and hit a max of 40mph flat. I already have a 48v 64ah battery. Which version would I need, and is there anything else I need to get in order to make it work. Thank you!

BAC4000 is a perfect match for a QS205. Some people choose BAC8000 over BAC4000 in case they would use bigger motor in the future.

Regards

martinmertik said:
kgff said:

Thanks

Hey, you could expect about a 60A peak DC draw according to my tests.
Thanks a lot!

martinmertik said:
Tiber said:

BAC4000 is a perfect match for a QS205. Some people choose BAC8000 over BAC4000 in case they would use bigger motor in the future.

Regards

Would the BAC2000 be sufficient? The 4000 is out of my price range for now.

Back