AQUILLA vintage ebike

Hey,
As thanks to this forum we were able to appear in the world of electric bikes with our bikes we are pleased to present here our official premiere of our new ebike - Aquilla. We designed and built the frame and body from scratch to create a bike with a vintage cafe racer look.
This is the younger brother of Avionics V1 which was presented here in 2017.

aq1.jpg

aq2.jpg

aq4.jpg

aq3.jpg

And here is a special version of our Avionics VM ebike built at the invitation of the M.A.D.Gallery in Geneva.
https://www.madgallery.net/geneva/en/creators/bartek-jaromir

vm1.jpg

vm2.jpg

vm3.jpg

calab said:
How much power and how much watt-hours in the battery?

Max. speed - 58 km/h (36 mph)
Range - 120 km in Street Mode
Engine - 4,000 watt brushless electric
Engine Power - 125 Nm
Battery - Lithium-Ion 27.6 Ah (1380 Wh)
Street Mode - Pedelec or S-Pedelec (Europe), Class 2 (USA)
Off-road Mode - 4,000 watt
Charging time - 2.5 – 3 hours
Controller - Sinewave Controller
Recuperation - Brake energy recuperation
Wheels - 26 inch

You can read more here http://www.avionics.bike/aquilla/

12wh/km is an awful lot of pedaling on flat terrain for what is a pretty heavy bicycle that is interestingly not quoted, maybe its listed on the website, on the positive ;) I do dig the bicycles style, I am unsure as to the handling characteristics aside from the longer wheel base. I would personally prefer 2-3kwh, if not 4kwh using the same battery box as "saddle bags" but like I said its a pretty cool ebike for cruising the neighborhood and 'flexing' upon your neighbors. Checking out the link provided, $5600 shipped to me door in us funds is quite steep if you ask me, I would have guessed 2-3k$ and that seat OMG :shock: I dig the style man I really do :thumb:
I wonder what the chain rub would be like on that, its a very long chain.

Range - 120 km in Street Mode
Engine - 4,000 watt brushless electric
Engine Power - 125 Nm
Battery - Lithium-Ion 27.6 Ah (1380 Wh)

calab said:
12wh/km is an awful lot of pedaling on flat terrain

Thank you for your kind words!

Total weight of the bike is 52kg / 114lb

The range is given for pedalling on flat terrain, pedalling only to comply with European standards, not for engine assistance. With foot power assist it will go even further.

The riding characteristics are very good because both the motor and the battery, which is at the bottom in a wooden chest, lower the center of gravity. The bike rides very well in the corners.

The bike can be programmed with any 4 programs with and without pedaling assist.

Since we use very heavy duty 1 row bmx chains we have not any problems with them.

Regarding the bags, we have hand sewn natural leather side saddle begs.

s.jpg

What is "vintage" about your new bike?

It looks like the typical style-oriented nonsense that presumes you can change straight pieces of a truss to curved pieces without paying a price. Triangles are the basis of a truss structure. Your bike doesn't seem to have any.

Chalo said:

It looks like the typical style-oriented nonsense that presumes you can change straight pieces of a truss to curved pieces without paying a price. Triangles are the basis of a truss structure. Your bike doesn't seem to have any.

If you don't see what's vintage then maybe you should read the history on our site before you write anything. :wink:

Have a nice day!

AVIONICS.bike said:
Chalo said:

If you don't see what's vintage then maybe you should read the history on our site before you write anything. :wink:

Have a nice day!

Do you not understand the conventional definition of "vintage"? Your product is brand new, and doesn't feature much of anything that might qualify as "vintage" by the customary understanding of that word.

Hey there Chalo, didn't you get your morning coffee? :wink:

But seriously, putting pedals on this? Seems like they don't belong. The pedaling geometry looks like it's sacrificed on the styling altar so this is more a gassers "bike thingy" than a bicyclers bike - it will probably pedal like a pig :D

I like this concept as a moped or emoto, certainly not as a bicycle or ebike!

AVIONICS.bike said:
The riding characteristics are very good because both the motor and the battery, which is at the bottom in a wooden chest, lower the center of gravity. The bike rides very well in the corners.
Please no, not this again.
https://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=67015

AVIONICS.bike said:
Please no, not this again.
Everyone has the right to choose, one prefers to pedal and another does not. I personally have 4 types of bicycles. I ride the one I want at the moment.
My comment evidently was confusing. It was in reference to your low CG = better handling statement.

larsb said:
The pedaling geometry looks like it's sacrificed on the styling altar so this is more a gassers "bike thingy" than a bicyclers bike

The geometry might look like simple retro motorcycle styling, but it is actually super computer AIᵀᴹ optimized specifically for riders wearing very very tight jeans.

Sorry avionics.bike, i couldn’t help it :D

The judgment on internet forums can be unnecessarily harsh, i think the bike looks great, i am mostly saying that i could even consider to buy one - if it wasn’t for the pedals.

larsb said:
Sorry avionics.bike, i couldn’t help it :D

The judgment on internet forums can be unnecessarily harsh, i think the bike looks great, i am mostly saying that i could even consider to buy one - if it wasn’t for the pedals.

We can build it without pedals. assign a VIN number. Then you can register it as a moped. Aquila non capit muscans :wink:

Back