[$40] 36 Volt 12.8 aH 460 wh Li-ion battery

Hello everyone. My name is Aleksei, we are a new startup company called American Electric Solutions LLC, we specialize in refurbishing and destribution of unused Li-Ion battery packs and cells from various suppliers.

This listing is for refurbished and unused 36 Volt 12.8 aH 460 wh Battery pack made with LG MH1 18650 cells.

Condition: Unused. In storage since February 2021 at 50% charge, regularly charged every 2 months. Some battery degradation is expected, but not more than 5%.
All batteries are tested and no battery is below 95% capacity. Any battery that’s below 95% will be exchanged, refunded or partially refunded.

Manufacturer: SCUD LLC. Machine assembled and welded.

Voltage: 36 volt

Capacity: 12.8 Ah 460wh

Cell configuration: 10 Series 4 Parallel

Cell amount: 40

Max recommended discharge rate: 28 amps (or 1000 watts)

Max recommended charge rate: 42 Volts 4 amps ( 3 hours to full charge, 6 hours if charging at 2 amps)

Cycle life: 800-1200 if used gently, 500-700 if used regularly at high discharge rate.

Cell type: LG 18650 MH1 3200mAh Lithium Ion

Weight: 5 lbs

Dimensions:
Length - 8.75 inches
Height - 3.75 inches
Width - 2.75 inches

Nickel strips: Pure 99% nickel, not nickel plated strips, will never rust. Nickel strips are fused for 10 amps, meaning it's thinner in certain parts and will burn off and disconnect the cell in case of over-discharge or over-charge, allowing to save the rest of the pack and replace the cell, instead of the whole battery. Tesla uses the same technology.

Cell holders: Hardened Aero-Grade plastic cell holders with 4 screw holes to hold both parts together and 5 mounting threaded holes for m5 screws or rods. Honeycomb Style.
(Shown in attached pictures)

Connectors: xt60 (bms is locked, read full description)

Isolation: Lithium Ion grade, fiberglass insulating paper with very strong adhesive.

Battery management system: BMS is locked by a chip that requires a certain CAN-BUS communication protocol. At this time it is unknown how to unlock them; we are working on it.
A secondary BMS can be soldered right on top of the existing one, they won’t interfere with each other, the native bms will just act as an additional cell balancer. One non-native bms can be installed on several battery packs to save money and time. They can all be connected in parallel under one bms.

Doesn’t come with a charger.

Shipping via USPS. $16 for a USPS medium flat rate box, can fit up to 5 batteries.

We provide a 45 day warranty on each battery that covers manufacturer defects or unexpected changes in capacity or voltage that’s unrelated to buyers actions like physical damage, extreme discharge rates or temperature-related damage.
Please read general instructions on how to use lithium ion batteries to avoid defects and failures.

If you have any questions about the battery or shipping quotes, pm me or email me at americanelectricsolutions@gmail.com

In the near future all purchases can be made through our website, for now we accept paypal.1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png6.png7.png8.png9.png10.png11.png12.png13.png14.png15.png

Hi,

You say the bms is locked but later state that it still has functional balancing, can you clarify this for me?

Is the xt60 the “locked” part as in it can’t be charged or discharge through that? If bypassed and charged directly would the board still balance the cells?

I’m not insinuating that someone should use it this way but I’d like to know.

Thanks!

The locked bms has a function of cell balancing without any voltage input or output, meaning if the cells have some sort of voltage disbalance even if you're not charging or discharging it, the bms will automatically balance the voltage by taking some capacity from other cells and dispersing it evenly between all the cell groups.

So because the balance leads and +/- are exposed, you could solder another bms on the battery without taking off the native one. The native bms cannot stop discharging or charging through exposed leads.

In layman's terms, it basically acts as a passive secondary cell voltage regulator.

The xt60 is the locked port, yes. The bms needs some sort of can-bus communication protocol that is being transmitted by the controller through the 4 pin connector next to xt60. It is unknown yet.

999zip999 said:
Please answer your phone

any success buying this or is this one of them post and never come back type of deals?

justlooking808 said:
any success buying this or is this one of them post and never come back type of deals?

That appears to be the case, I’ve emailed and PMd with no response for the past 5 days.

We exchanged phone numbers and talked he seems ok. I just needed to make four boxes to see how it will fit my frame. As I need 4 for a 72v 22ah pack. I would have to have in my hands for wiring. Plus I think it will fit. My 1986 comoly giant.
P.S. went on a fishing trip out of San Diego yesterday and caught some Dorado four people one boat 12 Dorado. I'll now have to save up for a couple weeks. And also get a couple projects done and out of my garage so I have some room to work. Or out with the old in with the new.
P.S. we talked about batteries and he was testing the battery packs. And and setting up the computer on how to sell these and basically try to open the shop from my understanding. ???

Well I called him again and his phone rang rang rang and just went beep I don't know I like someone to answer it's supposed to be his own personal phone number

Thanks all for the update, :D I guess i'll have to wait and i hope this one becomes a good supplier for batteries and sticks around.

gobi said:
USPS allows lithium cells in their one rate box? really?

Nope, totally illegal. Dangerous.

Some people just dont care.

I called Alisk @ 1 323 601- 5898 He dose not answer and when done ringing it gt beep He had called me and tried to call back on both numbers right back no answer.
Plus I cannot find a company American electrical solutions LLC. That telephone number belongs to a medical facility.
???

Back